MSIROM: Business Analytics
Learn More About our Program
Articles by MSIROM Students
What is it?
Business analytics is the science of translating vast amounts of complex data into clear, manageable information in order to make sound decisions. The department of Information, Risk, and Operations Management (IROM) has developed the MSIROM program with a focus on Business Analytics to fulfill a significant market need for individuals with deep analytical talent for dealing with the complexities and possibilities of “Big Data” in the business and organizational context. The program focuses on students with exceptional quantitative, technical, and communication skills and combines classroom experiences in statistics, data mining, and programming with functional applications such as marketing, social media, and supply chain analytics.
The demand for expertise in business analytics is growing in many different applications, including:
- Financial Services
Business Analytics at the McCombs School of Business
The McCombs School of Business is proud to offer this outstanding specialized one-year program. Because of our strong relationship with the corporate community, graduates are uniquely positioned for success. The MSIROM: Business Analytics program provides a variety of exclusive resources.
- Eager support and recruitment from industry leaders like Walmart and Deloitte Consulting.
- Rigorous quantitative curriculum and a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) designated major code.
- Award-winning McCombs School of Business faculty, named "Best Business School Professors" by the Princeton Review.
- The Information, Risk and Operations Management Department itself is ranked in the top five best programs for information systems education in U.S. News and World Report
- An impressive record for career placement and post-graduate success
We're looking for highly qualified undergraduate degree holders with quantitative and/or technical backgrounds. No work experience is required (though those with work experience are encouraged to apply), and you can finish the degree in less than a year. Visit admissions
to learn more!