- #2 Information Systems, Business Week (2013)
- #4 Management Information Systems, U.S. News (2014)
- #4 Supply Chain Management, Gartner (2014)
- #9 Insurance/Risk Management, U.S. News (2014)
- #9 (tie) Productions/Operations Management, U.S. News (2014)
- #9 Quantitative Analysis, U.S. News (2014)
- #13 Supply Chain Management, U.S. News (2014)
- #4 Information Systems, U.S. News (2014)
- #11 Productions/Operations, U.S. News (2014)
- #8 Supply Chain Management, Gartner (2014)
The Department of Information, Risk, and Operations Management (IROM) consists of three academic disciplines: Information Management, Operations Management and Risk Analysis and Decision Making. The IROM Department has several outstanding and nationally ranked programs including the Undergraduate Management Information Systems program (ranked #2 by Business Week and #4 by U.S. News and World Report), the MBA Information Management program (#3 by U.S. News), the Undergraduate Risk Management program (#6 by U.S. News) and the MBA Productions/Operations Management program (#11 by U.S. News).
The IROM Department highly values both research and teaching. IROM faculty research can be seen in varied publications, including the Wall Street Journal (Andrew Whinston), CIO Network on Forbes (Anitesh Barua), and Management Science (Steve Gilbert). The department boasts the "most influential researcher in the field of management information systems" in Andrew Whinston, as identified by the h-Index for Management Information Systems. Two more IROM faculty, Sirkka Jarvenpaa and Anitesh Barua, were also ranked in this study.