Develop a thorough understanding of the concepts behind marketing strategy. Acquire a foundation for building internally consistent marketing campaigns.
Print this Page
Everyone within an organization has the power to build up or tear down your brand. Understanding markets and how you create value is a critical factor for your organization’s success. Whether you are developing marketing campaigns or need a better understanding of the part you play in your organization’s marketing strategy, this program emphasizes and explores the importance of a marketing mindset across departments. Designed to help you develop a thorough understanding of the concepts behind marketing strategy, you will leave with the foundation for building and benefiting from internally consistent marketing campaigns.
Gain insight into marketing techniques and strategies to provide you with tactics that have company-wide impact.
Two-day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Identify unmet customer needs and create a compelling message that illustrates how your solution
- meets those needs
- Balance listening to your customers with helping to shape their preferences
- Develop a strategy for building your brand
- Determine your product’s place in the product life cycle
- Discuss pricing, promotion and place as a function of where you are in the product life cycle
- Develop and implement effective lean marketing programs
- The strategic marketing planning process
- Understanding customer segmentation and the customer decision process
- Product life cycle and the marketing mix
- Overview of marketing mix strategies to use at different stages of the PLC
- Promotion strategy place/ distribution strategy callaway case
- Marketing as firm strategy
CEUs: Participants earn 1.4 CEUs and/or 14 CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.
Course Credits: 1.00
Hotel Information: Texas Executive Education classes qualify for discounted hotel room rates at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center on a limited basis. Discount code will be provided via email after class registration.
Dr. Kapil Jain is a Senior Lecturer in Marketing and a Fellow at The Center for Customer Insight & Marketing Solutions at the McCombs School of Business. He is also the Assistant Chair of the Marketing Department.
Dr. Kate Mackie is an award-winning professor in the Department of Marketing at the Red McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin. She teaches MBA, MSTC, and Executive Education classes in marketing, marketing strategy, marketing of technological innovations, buyer behavior, process improvement facilitation, international business operations, and customer insight.
"The professors were exceptional - very engaging and interesting."
Program Manager, Sandia National Laboratories
"The professors' knowledge of real-world issues affecting our business and industry combined with their expertise in the field of marketing were enlightening for me and caused me to think hard about our company's direction with future marketing efforts."
President, South Texas Custard