The 2015 application has closed. The 2016 application will open in the Fall.
Jon Brumley Texas Venture Labs is dedicated to advancing entrepreneurship, innovation, and commercialization. In service of this mission we have created, in coordination with the McCombs School of Business, the TVL Scholarship, a unique program for entrepreneurial students interested in attending business school.
TVL Scholarship is a competitive scholarship awarded each February. Each TVL Scholarship is worth up to $174,000 and includes:
- $10,000 per year scholarship as well as in-state tuition for a total value of up to $25,000 per year
- Consideration for admission of your company into the TVL Accelerator upon graduation
- Consideration for a post-graduate position as a Venture Partner worth $50,000
- Continued support from Texas Venture Labs throughout the development of your company
16 semi-finalists are selected to travel to Austin to compete in a pitch competition. Even if you only have an idea and no actual product you are still encouraged to participate. Read the FAQ for more information about the structure of the competition and to view the rubric used to score the semi-finalists.
For more information, you can watch a recording of our 10/15 webinar by clicking here and you can download the slide deck from the webinar here.
You'll need the following to apply for the scholarship:
- Statement of Interest (500 words or fewer)
- 60-90-second Video Pitch
- Business Executive Summary (2 pages)
Congratulations to the 2015 TVL Scholarship Winners
- Tenaj Ferguson and Omar Garza each won $10,000-per-year scholarships as well as in-state tuition (worth approximately $15,000 per year)
- Tenaj Ferguson also won the Best Presenter award ($2000 scholarship)
- Third Place ($5000 scholarship) was awarded to Phil Trench
- Fourth Place ($3000 scholarship) was awarded to Patrick Zhang
You can watch a video recording of the finals, here.
2016 Scholarship - Important Dates (Coming Soon!)