Jon Brumley Texas Venture Labs is dedicated to advancing entrepreneurship, innovation, and commercialization. In service of this mission we have created, in coordination with the McCombs School of Business, the TVL Scholarship. It is a unique program for entrepreneurial students interested in attending business school.
The TVL Scholarship is a competitive scholarship awarded each February. Each TVL Scholarship is worth up to $174,000 and includes:
- $10,000 per year scholarship as well as in-state tuition for a total value of up to $25,000 per year
- Consideration for admission of your company into the TVL Accelerator upon graduation
- Consideration for a post-graduate position as a Venture Partner worth $50,000
- Continued support from Texas Venture Labs throughout the development of your company
Sixteen semi-finalists are selected to travel to Austin to compete in a pitch competition. Even if you only have an idea and no actual product you are still encouraged to participate. Read the FAQ for more information about the structure of the competition and to view the rubric used to score the semi-finalists.
Watch an webinar on the 2016 program here.
Below are the application requirements. The application for the 2017 Scholarship Competition will open in October 2016.
- Statement of Interest (500 words or fewer)
- 60-90-second Video Pitch
- Business Executive Summary (2 pages)
Congratulations to the 2016 TVL Scholarship Winners
- Josh Berrington and William Wilder each won $10,000-per-year scholarships as well as in-state tuition (worth approximately $15,000 per year).
- First Runner-up ($5,000 scholarship) was awarded to Beth Hood.
- Second Runner-up ($3,000 scholarship) was awarded to Mahesh Murali.
- Adwait Dandekar won the Best Presenter Award ($2,000 scholarship).
The 2016 Scholarship Competition was held on Friday, February 19, 2016 in the McCombs School of Business. Check out the ventures which competed. Watch the finalists' presentations.