BBA Super Week is dedicated to internship recruiting for the financial services industry (e.g. capital markets, global banking and markets, investment banking, and private wealth management). Super Week is held the week before spring classes begin. BBA students can then interview without academic and extracurricular stress, and capture employers’ undivided attention. There may be some firms conducting interviews for full-time positions, but the majority of Super Week interviews will be for internships.
If you have any questions about Super Week recruiting, please come to BBA Career Services for walk-in advising or schedule an appointment with your BBA career advisor.
Prepare for Super Week 2014
A large number of investment banks are conducting interviews during Super Week (January 6-8, 2014). All other BBA internship and full-time recruiting begins during the first week of spring classes, starting January 13. Even if you previously participated in on-campus recruiting, please review this information so you prepare for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 recruiting and Super Week interviews.
- Attend Super Week Orientation on December 6, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., UTC 2.102A. This orientation is mandatory for all students applying to any position holding interviews during Super Week, Jan 6-8, 2014.
- Review positions in OCR.
- Conduct company research. Research the companies, business divisions, positions, and locations for which you are interviewing. For a listing of potential resources, see "Prepare for Interviews" section of the BBA Career Services website.
- Additional interviewing resources are available through the BBA Instructional Guides.
- Attend the Investment Banking Prep Panels and Workshops, held on November 4-6, 2013.
- Attend company presentations. Check OCR for a list of Information Sessions.
- Practice, practice, and more practice. Students interested in conducting a mock interview, please email your BBA Career Advisor.
- Participate in the UBC Company Field Trip to New York City. For information and to apply, contact the Undergraduate Business Council.
- For any questions, please contact your BBA career advisor, schedule an appointment with your BBA Career Advisor, or visit the BBA Career Services office in CBA 2.116 for walk-in career advising.
Students have cited the following resources to be helpful in increasing their knowledge of Investment Banking (IB) and in prepping for IB interviews.
- Vault Guides: Available through McCombs Online Resources. Click on Vault Career Insider in the Interview Preparation tab and review both the Vault Guide to Finance Interviews and the Vault Guide to Investment Banking. At last year’s IB Prep events multiple IB employers cited the Vault Guide to Finance Interviews as a great resource for preparing for IB interviews.
- NY Times Dealbook: Subscribe to the daily dealbook email. Read articles daily to keep up with important deals and happenings in finance.
- IB FAQs: Learn about investment banking and how to become an investment banker.
- Mergers and Inquisitions: Discover how to get into investment banking.
- Street of Walls: Articles regarding IB basics, recruiting, interviewing, and day in the life.
- Wall Street Prep: IB lists, resources, and prep materials.
- Wall Street Oasis: Informal forum and interview prep guide (both technical and behavioral) resource.
- On-line Forums: Students have found helpful information through searching the following keywords in on-line forums: investment banking questions, Super Day questions, etc.
- Students & Alumni: Reviewing books, guides and web resources is an important part of your interview preparation, but don’t stop there. It can be very challenging to answer questions that have been re-worded by bankers and include tricky scenarios. It’s important to practice interview questions with other students or alumni who have experience recruiting in IB and/or working in banking.
- IB Prep Panel & Workshops Nov. 4 - 6, 2013: These events are targeted to juniors planning to interview during Super Week. Check for details on the Events and Programs page and RSVP in OCR.
Important Dates:Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 Recruiting and Super Week
- November 1, 2013: Super Week Application Submissions Open
- November 4-6, 2013: Investment Banking Prep Panels and Workshops
- December 2, 2013: Super Week Resume Submission Deadline
- December 6, 2013: Super Week Orientation
- December 10, 2013: Interview (Pre-Select) Sign-Ups
- December 12, 2013: Interview (Alternate) Sign-Ups Begin
- January 6-8, 2014: BBA Super Week
You can apply to an unlimited number of positions, but you will be limited to a total of 12 first round interviews during Super Week (Jan 6-8).
First Round Interviews
If you apply for any positions with on-campus interviews during Super Week (Jan 6-8), you must be in Austin on the designated interview date(s) and able to interview on campus. If you are unable to physically attend the interview on the interview date(s) for any reason (i.e. vacation, LeaderShape, out of the country, etc.), then you are not eligible for that position. No exceptions will be made or alternate arrangements allowed.
Second Round Interviews
Pay close attention to the job description in OCR. Second round interview dates, locations, and other pertinent information for each position will be included, when available. For any second round interviews, you must go to company's designated location (i.e. company office in Houston, NYC, Austin, etc.) on the designated interview date(s).
Advance planning and strategy will help ensure that you are well prepared for your interviews. Be mindful of back-to-back interviews and plan in advance regarding your overall interview schedule. Advance planning and strategy will help ensure that you are well prepared for your interviews.
Special Thanks to our Super Week 2014 Participants:
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Barclays Capital
- Berenson and Co
- BMO Capital Markets
- Credit Suisse
- Deutsche Bank
- Evercore Partners
- Goldman Sachs
- Houlihan Lokey
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- MHT Partners
- Morgan Stanley
- Raymond James
- RBC Capital Markets
- RBC Capital Markets - Real Estate
- Scotia Waterous
- Simmons & Company
- Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- Wells Fargo