Summer 2016 Application Instructions
We are still accepting domestic applications for the class of 2017. Please email MSBusinessAnalytics@mccombs.utexas.edu if you plan to apply. The deadline for international applicants has passed. We cannot consider international (non-citizen and non-permanent resident) applications at this time.
The application for the Class of 2018 will be available in September, 2016.
Admission to the full-time program is selective. We will not review incomplete applications. Qualified applicants should meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Mathematical aptitude and quantitative and/or technical training in coursework
- Strong communication skills and motivation
- Upper-division GPA of 3.0 or higher
The program is designed for undergraduate degree holders in business, engineering, mathematics, economics, computer science, and other technical or quantitative areas. Advanced coursework in Calculus, Statistics, and Probability is strongly recommended. The MSBA program is a full-time program on the UT Campus. We do not offer online courses or part-time enrollment. We admit one class per year, and do not offer separate admissions for Fall or Spring semester.
Orientation for the Class of 2017 will begin on July 1, 2016. Spring 2016 graduates are eligible for enrollment if all undergraduate coursework has been completed prior to the start date.
A completed application consists of the following:
- Online application, including transcripts and test scores (GRE or GMAT, and TOEFL or IELTS scores for international students)
- Personal essays
- Three letters of recommendation
- Applicant interview (qualified applicants may be contacted to schedule an interview once an online application has been received and reviewed)
- See How to Apply for more details about these requirements.
- Please visit our Admissions FAQ if you have any questions about your application or the application process