Business Minors: Major Advantages
Whether you're majoring in psychology, engineering, advertising, finance - or anything in between - a background in business provides a valuable skill set for the professional world, no matter where career may lead you.
Texas Business Options helps you explore the many opportunities available to both business majors and undergraduate students majoring in disciplines other than business who seek to diversify their academic and professional portfolios by earning a minor from the McCombs School of Business.
Amplify the scope and influence of your undergraduate degree and open doors for internship and employment opportunities with a minor in one of twenty highly relevant business-specific areas:
Minors for Non-Business Majors
- Business Minor -The popular comprehensive Business Minor provides a foundation in business concepts and practice for UT undergraduates pursuing majors outside the McCombs School.
- Business Economics Option Program (BEOP) - Designed specifically for UT economics majors interested in earning a minor in accounting or finance.
Minors for Business and Non-Business Majors
- Specialized Minors- The nine Specialized Minors offer students an opportunity not only to enrich their business-specific knowledge and professional competencies but also to expand their career possibilities.
Minors for Business Majors
- Business Minors for Business Majors - These discipline-specific minors, open to degree-seeking McCombs students only, allow for a deeper exploration in one of six individual business fields of study or two innovative, demand-driven areas.
Announcements & Upcoming Events
Join us for a virtual introduction to the many opportunities available to you:
- Thursday, February 4 4:00 p.m. JOIN
- Tuesday, February 9 3:30 p.m. JOIN
- Wednesday, February 17 12:30 p.m. JOIN
- Tuesday, March 9 4:00 p.m. JOIN
- Thursday, March 25 5:00 p.m. JOIN
- Thursday, April 8 3:30 p.m. JOIN
- Wednesday, May 5 4:00 p.m. JOIN
Traveling Information Sessions:
Interested in a group-specific information session for your class, student organization, or FIG? We'll bring all the details to you! Send your request to BusinessOptions@mccombs.utexas.edu.