Texas Business Options
Texas Business Options (TBO) is the place to go to explore the many opportunities available to undergraduate students of any discipline who wish to enhance their Bachelor's degree with a minor or a certificate in one of several business-specific areas.
Broaden the scope and influence of your undergraduate degree with one of the following business options:
- Business Minor - Students interested in earning the comprehensive Business Minor complete six courses, or 18 credit hours, in discipline-specific areas including accounting, finance, management information systems, management, marketing, business law, international business, and entrepreneurship. This option is open to UT undergraduates pursuing non-business majors in the 2016-2018, 2018-2020, or later Academic Catalogs.
- Entrepreneurship Minor - Open to business majors and undergraduate non-business majors
- Business Economics Opportunity Program (BEOP) - Designed specifically for UT economics majors interested in pursuing a minor in accounting or finance.
- Professional Sales & Business Development Minor - (Fall 2020)
- International Business Minor (Fall 2020)
- Certificates - Available to all UT undergraduate students, both business majors and non-business majors.
Accelerate your progress in completing the Business Minor:
- The McCombs Summer Institute (MSI) is open to any undergraduate student enrolled at any college or university. Student participants complete 15 credit hours (5 courses) during a 9-week summer program and receive a crash course in business fundamentals from McCombs - one of the most respected business schools in the nation. UT students apply the credit hours earned toward the completion of the requirements for the Business Minor.
Announcements & Upcoming Events
Texas Business Options - ALL Business Minors & Certificates All sessions held in the Legacy Events Room - CBA 3.202
- Friday, March 6, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 11, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 16, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 20, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 2, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 17, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 23, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 5, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Business and Public Policy Certificate All sessions held in CBA 5.204 from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Entrepreneurship Minor All sessions held in GSB 2.130 from 3:00 to 4:00
- Wednesday, March 4, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, March 12, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Traveling Info Sessions (Specifically for YOUR organization):
If you believe your student organization, department, or class would benefit from a group-specific Information Session, please let us know at BusinessOptions@McCombs.utexas.edu and we can arrange to have one of our staff members visit your classroom or attend your meeting. These sessions typically last from 15 to 30 minutes depending on your needs and time constraints. Examples of groups to whom we have presented in the past include First Year Interest Groups, clubs, social groups, and parent associations. We ARE available in the evening hours for information sessions.