Business Minors: Major Advantages
Not majoring in business, but interested in enhancing your degree with a deeper understanding of how business works in the real world? A background in business affords you the ability to stand out in a crowd, no matter where career may lead you.
Texas Business Options helps you explore the many opportunities available to undergraduate students majoring in disciplines other than business who seek to diversify their academic and professional portfolios by earning a minor from the McCombs School of Business.
Amplify the scope and influence of your undergraduate degree and open doors for internship and employment opportunities with a minor in one of twelve highly relevant business-specific areas:
Minors Open to Non-Business Majors
- Business Minor -The popular comprehensive Business Minor provides a foundation in business concepts and practice for UT undergraduates pursuing majors outside the McCombs School.
- Business Economics Option Program (BEOP) - Designed specifically for UT economics majors interested in earning a minor in accounting or finance.
- Specialized Minors- The nine Specialized Minors offer students an opportunity not only to enrich their business-specific knowledge and professional competencies but also to expand their career possibilities.
Announcements & Upcoming Events
Join us for a virtual introduction to the many opportunities available to you:
- Wednesday, September 23 3:00 p.m. (Join)
- Thursday, September 24 4:00 p.m. (Join)
- Thursday, October 1 3:30 p.m. (Join)
- Wednesday, October 7 4:00 p.m. (Join)
- Tuesday, November 3 3:30 p.m. (Join)
- Wednesday, November 18 3:00 p.m. (Join)
Traveling Information Sessions:
Interested in a group-specific information session for your class, student organization, or FIG? We'll bring all the details to you! Send your request to BusinessOptions@mccombs.utexas.edu.