Texas CSB: Texas Honors Computer Science and Business (Texas CSB) is a new integrated honors degree program between the Canfield Business Honors Program (Canfield BHP) and the Department of Computer Science. Texas CSB provides a rigorous four-year undergraduate curriculum aimed at preparing students for top technology careers.
To apply to Texas CSB, you must:
- Complete the requirements to apply for admission to UT Austin. Select Unspecified Business and Computer Science as your first and second choice majors (first choice major should be the one you are most interested in.)
- After you submit your application having listed Unspecified Business and Computer Science for admission to UT Austin, you will be able to access the honors essay prompts.
- Designate Texas CSB as one of your choices. Students must select a combination of Unspecified Business and Computer Science for their major choices to be considered for Texas CSB. Students may also apply to either Canfield BHP or Turing Scholars, depending on which major is their first choice. Students must select Unspecified Business as their first choice major to be reviewed for Canfield BHP in addition to Texas CSB.
- Once your application is complete, you will have access to your MyStatus page after ~24 hours. Use this page to upload yourexpanded resume.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an academic source (teacher, professor, etc.). Please note that you must use the Document Upload System in MyStatus, which will email your recommender to submit their recommendation to us directly.
Canfield BHP will offer a select number of phone interviews with a Canfield BHP alumnus. Phone interviews are by invitation only. These interviews allow the admissions committee to collect additional information about the applicant that can't be obtained through the ApplyTexas and Honors Applications. If selected for a phone interview, you will be contacted by a Canfield BHP alumnus via email.