- Students apply the fall term of their junior year, or the academic year prior to graduation.
- A faculty committee will review the applications. If you are chosen, you will proceed with an interview with a committee member.
- Final selections for the program will be announced by the beginning of January, when the program begins.
- You must be classified as a junior before the fall semester of the program begins.
- FIN 357, ACC 311, and ACC 312 must be completed prior to the spring term of the program.
- FIN 367 shall be completed prior to the program or can be taken concurrently with the fall semester of the program.
Applications are due on or before October 10 no later than 11:59 p.m.
There are five parts to the application. Parts 2-5 are uploaded using the links below, in PDF format only.
Please be advised of the following:
- Tara Upchurch is unable to answer any questions regarding the program, applications or eligibility. She is only responsible for receiving and tracking applications that are submitted.
- If you are interested in both the Financial Analyst Program and the Real Estate Investment Analyst Program please note there is a check box on the application where you can indicate interest in being considered for both programs.
- Exceeding the one page limit for any part of 2-5 will invalidate your application.
- Sending any additional information not requested could invalidate your application.
- Submitting a late application could invalidate your application.
Submitted via weblink. Please use this link for Part 1:
* Additional information about the Real Estate Investment Trust Analyst Program can be found here
Respond to the following questions in a typed, double-spaced document. Your responses should be only one paragraph for each question, and take up no more than half a page for each or a full-page in total.
- Excluding all finance and accounting courses, what has been your favorite course taken as an undergraduate and why?
- What is the one finance related experience or extracurricular activity that is most important to you and why?
To save, go to file, save as and please change the type of document from a word file (.doc) to PDF and save the file name as: Last, First (EID) 3 Questions.
Upload Answers to Questions Here
Again, the MAXIMUM is one-half page response for each and one page total for both
A current copy of your resume on no more than one page. To save, go to file, save as and please change the type of document from a word file (.doc) to PDF and save the file name as: Last, First (EID) Resume.
Upload Resume Here
Typed, double-spaced Essay A (no more than one page) to the question below. To save, go to file, save as and please change the type of document from a word file (.doc) to PDF and save the file name as: Last, First (EID) EssayA.
Upload Essay A Here
A: Personal Statement Answering the Following: Describe any special skills, experiences, and character traits you feel are relevant to the Financial Analyst Program. (for example: Why are you a good candidate for the program?)
Typed, double-spaced Essay B (no more than one page) to the question below. To save, go to file, save as and please change the type of document from a word file (.doc) to PDF and save the file name as: Last, First (EID) EssayB.
Upload Essay B Here
B: Current Financial Issue of your choice addressing the following: Address a current financial issue or problem that is interesting to you, and discuss why it is interesting. Consider including a reference at the bottom of the page of an article or professor that spurred your interest in this area.