History of Energy @ McCombs
The history of energy and the Mc
Combs School of Business goes back to 1916 when Mc
Combs was founded. There have been a number of energy related activities that provide a strong foundation for where we are today:
- In 1959, McCombs offered the first bachelors degree in Petroleum Land Management.
- In 1997, the Center for Energy for Energy Finance Education and Research (CEFER) was created to provide more focus on energy trading and electricity markets in addition to the oil and gas interests on campus.
- In 2008, the Energy Management and Innovation Center (EMIC) was founded to extend the reach of CEFER beyond the finance department to the rest of the college of business.
- In 2013, McCombs started the Energy Management Program to offer energy topics to undergraduate students from all majors across campus.
- In 2014, McCombs joined forces with the UT Law School to form the Kay Bailey Hutchison (KBH) Center for Energy, Law and Business, the first in the nation to combine these two professional schools in an oil and gas oriented center.