Texas Sustainability Innovation Challenge
What is the Texas Sustainability Innovation Challenge
The Texas Sustainability Innovation Challenge (TSIC) is a program and pitch competition meant to prepare the next generation of innovators to create sustainable, world- changing start-ups. TSIC is your one-stop shop to learn about sustainable impact, develop a social or environmental business, and join a community of changemakers!
The Global Sustainability Leadership Institute, in partnership with Bumble, launched TSIC as the largest cross-campus social entrepreneurship pitch competition in the Spring of 2020 and will continue with a third cohort in the 2021-2022 school year. $10,000+ will be available at the UT-Austin competition, and another $50,000 will be available to the TSIC winners through the Fowler Global Social Innovation Challenge.
Want to learn more? Flip through our information session slide deck or watch this information session!
Ready to register? Join us here! Register by 1/23/2022.
- This competition is an outlet for those interested in social and environmental innovation. You can join as an individual or a team. You do NOT have to already have a venture or an idea, but if you do, you are also welcome to apply!
- The Global Sustainability Leadership Institute is providing FREE social entrepreneurship curriculum and workshops to participants! If you sign up, you will get access to online modules, workshops, and socials with students from across campus.
- Thinking of registering, but want to learn more? Come to one of our Fall 2021 Events! Register here.
- The pitch competition will be on April 23rd-24th. However, participants will have two internal milestones to meet in the Spring to ensure they are ready for the competition.
- The top two teams from TSIC will attend the Fowler Global Social Innovation Challenge in June 2022 for a chance to win $50,000 in funding!
- Build a community of socially and environmentally conscious innovators
- Develop ubiquitous skills such as systems thinking, impact measurement, and pitching
- Support students’ career exploration through experiential learning and mentorship
- Break down campus departmental silos and support interdisciplinary entrepreneurship
- Must have at least one UT-Austin student on the company’s founding team.
- Must register by 1/23/2022 and attend at least one Spring workshop.
- Must complete Spring quarter-final submission requirements:
Systems infographic (challenge, existing solutions, gaps)
- Business canvas and summary
2-minute pitch video
- Top teams selected to move to live 10-minute pitches 4/23 and 4/24
- Deliverable examples on FGSIC website and Canvas
Register for Fall 2021 Events here!
View Past TSIC Participants