As the #5 undergraduate business program in the nation, the McCombs School of Business attracts high-performing students who are eager to get a foot in the "real world" of business. The purpose of McCombs Startup Internships is to connect ambitious students with local startups and entrepreneurs for an internship experience that is rewarding for all. Internships are designed to benefit the host company and the intern through meaningful work and fresh perspective.
Why Hire a McCombs Intern?
What a McCombs Intern brings to an Internship:
- A fresh perspective on startup strategies
- Connections to potential customer demographic (think apps and millennial-based marketing)
- Skilled in recruiting brand building advocates
- A long-term commitment with your business
- Community service skills
Many students will opt to enroll in an internship course to fulfill a degree requirement, so it is essential that participating businesses can commit to seeing the internship through for the agreed timeline.
Are you Ready to Hire your Next Superstar?
Below is a list of eligibility requirements to post an internship on the McCombs job board. It is important to note that your company should be prepared to offer the intern real, meaningful work.
While McCombs interns can provide a great deal of value to your organization, this is an important learning opportunity for them and they require supervision and feedback to both maximize their learning.
Eligibility Requirements for Companies:
- Have a website and company email address
- Be willing to provide compensation for the student intern
- Have a non-residential office space
- Be willing to provide meaningful work and supervision
- Companies need be legally authorized to do business in the State of Texas
If you meet the eligibility requirements you will gain access to the McCombs Job Board where you can advertise your internship, provide company details, and coordinate interviews with potential interns and applicants.
NOTE - To distinguish yourself as a startup and recruit the best applications be sure to add "Entrepreneurship/Startup" as one of your position functions.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria but are interested in connecting with a student intern, please feel free to fill out this FORM. The Herb Kelleher Center will share these opportunities with interested students.