EY Accounting Ambassadors Program
How You Can Participate:
Email Ambassador Coordinator Krysta Atkinson
with your interest in participating in the EY Accounting Ambassador Program. We will share your contact email with EY. Krysta will contact you to find a convenient time for a meeting closer to the start of school.
The University of Texas at Austin’s McCombs School and its Master of Professional Accounting (MPA) program is thrilled to announce our partnership with the Ernst & Young Foundation to create the EY Accounting Ambassadors Program.
As an under-represented student succeeding in our #1-ranked MPA program, you can become an important ambassador in our efforts to make accounting attractive, welcoming and successful for more African-American and Latino students at UT.
We want to support this effort, with your advice and participation. Here’s what’s involved:
EY Accounting Ambassadors will enjoy the opportunity to:
- Convene regularly for fellowship, professional development, academic support, with food, of course!
- Join EY professionals each semester for a special lunch or dinner to establish mentor relationships with working professionals.
- Recruit and welcome new students. Ideas: Attend an orientation reception for under-represented students enrolled in ACC 311 in the fall. Serve as a mentor to a group of sophomore students throughout the semester..
- Have membership dues reimbursed to one professional association such as NABA or ALPFA.
- Eligibility. Due to the competitive nature of the MPA program, all under-represented students in good standing are welcome to apply to be an EY Ambassador.
Opportunities for financial support:
EY Ambassador Incentive Awards
Ernst & Young Foundation Scholarships
- To encourage success in key accounting classes, high-achieving Ambassadors have the opportunity to apply for financial awards funded by a portion of the EY gift.
- Another incentive, an award also funded by a portion of the EY gift, is available to help subsidize conference travel for eligible Ambassadors.
- The scholarships will be used to help recruit the best and the brightest to the school and the program.