Tenured and Tenure-Track Accolades & Awards
- Shiva Agarwal joined our faculty as an assistant professor in fall 2017. She earned her Ph.D. in management from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Sekou Bermiss was promoted to the rank of Associate Professor (with tenure) on Sept. 1, 2018. In 2018, Sekou was named by Poets & Quants as one of the top 50 undergraduate business professors.
- Andrew Brodsky joined our faculty as an assistant professor in fall 2017. He earned his Ph.D. in management from the Harvard Business School.
- Ethan Burris was promoted to the rank of Full Professor on Sept. 1, 2018. He was co-awarded the McCombs School of Business' 2017-18 Jim Nolen Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching. He was awarded McCombs' 2016-17 Research Excellence Award for Associate Professors.
- Janet Dukerich was awarded McCombs' 2016-17 Fawn and Vijay Mahajan Teaching Excellence Award for Executive Education.
- Melissa Graebner offers insight about starting and selling a million-dollar company in the December 2018 issue of Business Insider.
- Steve Gray joined our faculty as an assistant professor in fall 2017. He earned his Ph.D. in management from the University of Washington in St. Louis.
- Paul Green joined our faculty as an assistant professor in fall 2018. He earned his Ph.D. in management from the Harvard Business School.
- Douglas Hannah was awarded McCombs' 2017-18 Trammell/CBA Foundation Teaching Award for Assistant Professors. He was named an "Outstanding Reviewer" in 2017 by the Strategic Management Division (formerly BPS - Business Policy and Strategy Division) at the Academy of Management in 2017. He joined our faculty as an assistant professor in fall 2015 and earned his Ph.D. in organizations, technology, and entrepreneurship from Stanford University.
- Dave Harrison was mentioned in McCombs Minute (Nov. 15, 2108 edition) for his research in which data show that firms do better with female leaders in the mix; please see the following link for more information, https://medium.com/texas-McCombs/women-bring-more-skills-better-performance-to-the-c-suite-f5edd783c269. Dave was awarded McCombs' 2017-18 Joe D. Beasley Award (MBA Teaching). He was among seven prestigious scholars inducted into the Academy of Management Fellows Group on August 7, 2016, at the academy's annual meeting; less than 1 percent of the AOM's members is elected to the Fellows Group, which recognizes and honors those who have made significant contributions to the science and practice of management. He also was awarded McCombs' 2015-16 Career Award for Outstanding Research Contributions.
- Luis Martins was co-awarded McCombs' 2017-18 Award for Research Excellence. He was appointed to the James B. Goodson Professorship in Business on September 1, 2017. He was awarded McCombs' 2016-17 Jim Nolen Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching. Luis was promoted to the rank of full professor on Sept. 1, 2016 and was appointed as department chair on June 1, 2016. In spring 2016, he was selected as a Provost's Teaching Fellow that works to achieve the following three goals: (1) enhance student learning; (2) conduct, validate and share scholarship and learning; and (3) create a campus culture more supportive of innovation in teaching and learning.
- Francisco Polidoro, along with senior colleagues from Wharton, INSEAD, and leading Brazilian business schools, co-organized the 2018 SMS Special Conference in Sao Paulo, https://www.strategicmanagement.net/sao-paulo/overview/overview.
- Ram Ranganathan was awarded the 2016 Emerging Scholar Award by the Technology and Innovation Management Division of the Academy of Management. He was awarded McCombs' 2015-16 Trammell/CBA Foundation Teaching Award for Assistant Professors.
- PK Toh will be appointed to the Juanita Dreibelbis Fellowship in Business on September 1, 2018. He, along with senior faculty from NYU, Cornell and Carnegie Mellon, co-organized the 2018 Organization Science Winter Conference, https://pubsonline.informs.org/pb-assets/OSWC2018conference.pdf. He was elected as the Associate Program Chair for Strategic Management Society's (SMS) Competitive Strategy Interest Group (CSIG) in fall 2017. PK was awarded the "Strategic Management Journal Outstanding Reviewer Award 2017." He joined our faculty as an associate professor in fall 2015. He previously researched and taught at the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota. PK earned his Ph.D. in strategy from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor.
Lecturer Awards & Honors
- Doug Dierking was promoted to the rank of Distinguished Senior Lecturer on Sept. 1, 2018.
- Kathy Edwards was promoted to the rank of Distinguished Senior Lecturer on Sept. 1, 2018.
- Dennis Passovoy was awarded the Sam Walton Fellow Hall of Fame Award at the 2017 Enactus USA National Competition/Exposition.
- Katie Pritchett was awarded the 2016-17 Tower Awards' Outstanding Community-Based Learning Faculty Award, which recognizes faculty members who combine students' learning with community partners to create a real-world learning environment (i.e., experiential learning).
BBA (Undergraduate) Faculty Honor Roll
In the last few years, the following Management instructors have made the Undergraduate Faculty Honor Roll for receiving exceptionally high scores on the course-instructor surveys that students submit at the end of each semester:
MBA Applause Award Winners
The MBA Applause Awards are announced each fall after a vote in the spring among full-time MBA students. In the last several years, the following Management instructors received an MBA Applause Award: