Maximizing Mental Agility to Improve Creativity
This program highlights six facets of human thought that are simultaneously hidden and obvious. We'll guide you through easy-to-learn techniques that will help employees to be more productive, efficient, creative, motivated, and satisfied in their work and personal lives. We present the techniques in a fast-paced, interactive format that combines presented material with situational team-based learning modules, designed to transition the concepts into the participants' everyday thinking.
- The Role of 3: Our thought and memory capacity is organized around three items at a time. How we can use this to our advantage.
- Autopilot and Creativity: How the mind tries NOT to think as much as possible, and how we can turn this knowledge to our advantage.
- Making Connections: Our best thinking comes from understanding causes, but we often fail to do this. How we can turn this knowledge into more powerful thinking.
- Using Analogy and Similarity: The mind is constantly re-using old ideas in new situations. How we can train ourselves to use this natural skill to be consistently more creative.
- Active Memory: Improving the quality of what we remember by actively managing the quality of what we learn.
- Defining Your Goals: Most people fail to reach their goals because they fail to take a ‘productive pause’ to think about how they will achieve them.
We encourage early registration. Class size is limited and often fills to capacity. We request registrations with payment at least three weeks in advance of the program start date.
||Maximizing Mental Agility to Improve Creativity
September 18-19, 2014
||AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Austin, Texas (map & directions)
||2-day program: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
||Art Markman, Ph.D., Gaylen Paulson, Ph.D.
||$2,560 - Individual Course
The program fee includes materials, lunches and breaks.
Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs and CPEs)
Participants earn 1.4 CEUs and/or 14 CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.