Enhance your ability to set strategic and economic goals by equipping yourself with methods to increase the analytical capabilities of your team and staff.
Print this Page
This class offers a solid foundation in strategic thinking and strategic analysis by examining how to employ the tools and techniques of strategic analysis. The class prepares you to think and analyze strategically while enhancing your ability to set strategic objectives and think on a broader scale.
Develop the skills and strategies to make high-level decisions and to execute with confidence company-wide.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Learn how the various tools and techniques of strategic analysis are employed
- Appreciate the economic drivers that affect strategy
- Enhance strategic capabilities of your staff and line managers
- Recognize the economic forces that underlie successful strategic actions
- Identify the strategic forces affecting your area of business
- Learn how to perceive products, processes, firms and industries in a strategic manner
- Understand the strategy implementation process
- Learn how to think strategically
- Industry and Firm Strategies
- Michael Porter’s Five Forces
- Michael Porter’s Business Unit Strategies
- Michael Porter’s Combined Industry Forces and Business Units
- Product Strategies
- BCG’s Growth-Share Matrix
- The Customer Development Model
- Product Life Cycles Clayton
- Christensen’s Innovator’s Dilemma
- McKinsey’s Value Triangle
CEUs: Participants earn 1.4 CEUs and/or 14 CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.
Course Credits: 1.00
Hotel Information: Texas Executive Education classes qualify for discounted hotel room rates at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center on a limited basis. Discount code will be provided via email after class registration.
Rob Adams is on the faculty of The University of Texas at Austin where he teaches entrepreneurship in the MBA and MSTC programs and is the Director of Texas Venture Labs at the McCombs School of Business.
Professor Stephen Courter is an award-winning faculty member in the department of management at The University of Texas at Austin and a former top corporate executive with experience worldwide.
"Great presenters - knowledge was excellent. Loved the real-world examples."
Product Manager, Medela, Inc.
“The Texas Executive Education Course was extremely well-presented. The instructors were engaging and brought real world experience to the discussions that made it easy for attendees to tie the concepts to concrete applications. I was able to apply many of the ideas to our operation immediately upon my return from the course. I recommend the course highly to my colleagues and others seeking to better understand the role of strategy in management.”
Automotive Research Industry