Enhance your ability to set and reach strategic and economic goals by equipping yourself with methods and frameworks proven to be successful.
Print this Page
Develop the skills and strategies to make strategic decisions and execute with confidence company-wide. Establish a solid foundation in managing strategically by reviewing current industry, corporate, divisional and product strategy frameworks. Apply these techniques through a series of in class simulations, case studies and current scenarios. Gain an in-depth knowledge of contemporary strategic frameworks and tools along with the skill to apply them immediately in your current work environment.
Develop the skills and strategies to make high-level decisions and to execute with confidence company-wide.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Examine the strategic management process
- Recognize the major frameworks of industry, corporate, divisional and product strategies
- Uncover how industry, corporate, and economic drivers affect strategy
- Educate your staff and line managers in applying strategy in day-to-day decision making
- Identify the strategic forces affecting your business and how to leverage them
- Discover how to perceive products, processes and firms to enhance your competitive advantage
- Utilize strategy management tools for successful implementation
- Industry, Corporate and Divisional Strategies
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Porter’s Business Unit and Generic Strategies
- SWOT Analysis
- Product Strategies
- Product Life Cycles
- GE's Business Screen
- Christensen’s Innovator’s Dilemma
- Value Chain Analysis
CEUs: Participants earn 1.4 CEUs and/or 14 CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.
Course Credits: 1.00
Hotel Information: Texas Executive Education classes qualify for discounted hotel room rates at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center on a limited basis. Discount code will be provided via email after class registration.
Rob Adams is on the faculty of The University of Texas at Austin where he teaches innovation, commercialization and entrepreneurship in the MBA and MSTC programs. He is also the founder and Director of Texas Venture Labs at the McCombs School of Business.
Stephen Courter is an award-winning faculty member in the department of management at The University of Texas at Austin and a former top corporate executive with experience worldwide.
"Great presenters - knowledge was excellent. Loved the real-world examples."
Product Manager, Medela, Inc.
“The Texas Executive Education Course was extremely well-presented. The instructors were engaging and brought real world experience to the discussions that made it easy for attendees to tie the concepts to concrete applications. I was able to apply many of the ideas to our operation immediately upon my return from the course. I recommend the course highly to my colleagues and others seeking to better understand the role of strategy in management.”
Automotive Research Industry