NOTE: The SMM works closely with Subiendo Academy Staff, and includes a 2-hour per week paid appointment for the spring semester, starting upon hire.
Social media manager develops awareness and engagement about the Academy and its activities prior to and during the Subiendo Academy using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and the Subiendo Connection Blog. The SMM is responsible for generating an online relationship with participants and speakers at the program, as well as giving prominence to sponsors of the program. This is a fast-paced position, and time at the Academy should be spent planning social media efforts, networking, and posting to accounts. The ideal SMM will be highly motivated and have a passion for content strategy, blogging, micro-blogging and community participation leadership.
- Use multiple social media platforms to promote programming simultaneously.
- Be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Post to social media outlets using correct grammar and spelling, and in a professional manner.
- Present on appropriate social media usage to students during orientation.
- Help students set up social media accounts on tablets.
- Monitor student social media trends and posts during the program and speak with students whose posts are offensive or inappropriate.