What They're Saying
“Practical application, real world, timely examples.”
Tracie Williams, Manager, Internal Audit
GDF-Suez Energy International
View the Brochure
Global Oil and Gas Accounting and Contracting Procedures
“The world’s energy system is at a crossroads. Current global trends in energy supply and consumption are patently unsustainable - environmentally, economically and socially.” - Report published by the International Energy Agency (IEA)
The IEA ended their report with, “time is running out and the time to act is now.” Oil prices may not rise significantly in the near future, but temporary demand destruction doesn't hold a candle to permanent supply destruction. Adding to the problem, dramatically lower oil prices make projects uneconomical, and exploration and production are declining around the world.
This program presents an examination of the current accounting and financial environment and how world reserves, consumption, doing business internationally, accounting rules, disclosures and creditability all come into play. Participants investigate the accounting and financial aspects of international oil and gas operations, and gain a working knowledge of key oil and gas issues, techniques, practices and terminology. The program consists of the following parts:
- Accounting for International Petroleum Operations
- Accounting for International Contracts
- Financial Management
- Planning and Analysis
- Discover how to make better accounting and financial decisions
- Learn how we disclosure the reserves and use the data for financial purposes
- Discuss the major contracts used on a world-wide basis and how they work
- Understand the joint venture contracts and how they work
- Realize accounting issues, problems and solutions with regard to GAAP/SEC vs. contract accounting vs. government accounting and so on
||Global Oil and Gas Accounting
November 7, 2014
- Early registration is encouraged. Class size is limited.
||DoubleTree Hotel Houston Intercontinental Airport, 15747 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77032
||1-day program: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
||W. Wayne Scott
||$1,395 - Single Program
$7,350 - Energy Certificate
The program fee includes materials, lunch and breaks.
Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Early registration is encouraged. Class size is limited and may fill to capacity. We request registrations with payment at least three weeks in advance of the program start date.
To enroll online, please follow the link. If you prefer, you may also enroll via email, fax or telephone.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and CPEs
Participants earn 0.7 CEUs or 7 CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.