Test Waiver Information
GMAT & GRE
The admissions committee will consider petitions to waive the GMAT or GRE requirement for applicants with substantial work experience or a terminal degree (PhD, MD, JD, etc.).
To submit a test score waiver petition, please do the following steps:
- Complete and submit an application to the Texas Executive MBA program.
- After you submit your application, email Application-TexasMBA@mccombs.utexas.edu detailing the reasons you are petitioning to waive the score. Please put "Petition to Waive Test Score" in the subject line. Since your resume is part of your submitted application, you do not need to include it with your petition.
- The decision to waive the test is rolled into the evaluation of your application. You will not receive a separate decision on your waiver.
TOEFL & IELTS
The TOEFL and IELTS pertain only to international applicants who have submitted applications; U.S. citizens and permanent residents do not need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. A waiver of the TOEFL or IELTS is automatically granted (no request necessary) if you are an international applicant and have earned an undergraduate degree in a country where the official language is English (not just an English-speaking institution or a country where English is spoken).
In order to request a TOEFL or IELTS waiver you must submit a Texas MBA application and meet one of the following conditions:
- You have lived and worked full-time in the U.S. or in a country where English is the official language for at least two of the past four years.
- You hold a master's degree from a college or university located in the U.S. or from a country where English is the official language.
- You were educated solely in English for your undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree.
If you do not meet any of these conditions, you are required to submit the TOEFL or IELTS exam. If you meet the conditions above, please check the appropriate box requesting the waiver in the test score section of your application.
If you request a TOEFL or IELTS waiver, you may see these scores listed as an outstanding requirement in your online status check, as your waiver status is not updated instantaneously. Our admissions team will contact you directly during the admissions process if your waiver is not approved and you need to submit an English language proficiency test score.