Applications for the integrated approach to the MPA are accepted for fall semesters only. Here are the steps McCombs students will need to complete to apply to this unique BBA + MPA program.
1. Preregister as usual in the spring for a full load of fall semester classes. If admitted into the integrated MPA, students will be instructed as to which specific accounting courses should be added during the regular add/drop period.
2. Make sure you meet the following criteria:
- You are beyond sophomore year (at least 54 hours completed prior to the start of the integrated MPA)
- You are in the process of earning a BBA degree in the McCombs School of Business or applying for internal or external transfer to the McCombs School of Business
- You have a minimum GPA of 3.0 at UT or a minimum transfer GPA of 3.0 for external transfer applicants
3. Complete the following prerequisites:
- Accounting 311 and 312
- BA 101 (waived for transfer applicants)
- ECO 304K and 304L (or equivalents) with grades of a C- or better
- M 408K and M408L (or equivalents) with grades of a C- or better
NOTE: Priority in admissions decisions will be given to applicants who have completed program prerequisites by the application deadline. Admission may be restricted by the availability of instructional resources.
4. Complete and submit your online application by June 1 (the application will be available by April 1). Recommendation letters are not required. You do not need to wait until spring grades are available to apply because these grades will be verified during the summer.
5. Submit your statement of purpose essay within the online application:
“Describe your interest in the Master in Professional Accounting program and explain how it will assist you in achieving your goals.”
6. Upload your resume in the application system. Your resume should be saved in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf.
Please follow the Integrated MPA Application Resume Guidelines and use the Integrated MPA Application Resume Template for formatting and constructing your resume. Please note that due to substantial MPA applicant volume, the MPA admissions and career services staff are unable to advise individual prospective students regarding resume content or format. However, we have provided detailed guidelines, a sample resume, a list of action words and a Word template to assist you. If admitted, you will use this format again during the MPA recruiting process and receive individualized attention from our MPA career consultants. They will work with you to fine-tune your resume content to maximize its effectiveness.
7. Wait for the decision. Admissions decisions typically are released in late June or early July. Applicants will be notified via e-mail once the decision has been posted.
For International Applicants:
English skills are essential for success in the MPA program, and your official scores for either the Internet-based TOEFL or IELTS must be on your UT record prior to the application deadline (even if you were allowed to waive the TOEFL or IELTS for admission to UT Austin).
Applicants from countries recognized by the GIAC as English-only speaking countries are allowed to waive this requirement. Our preferred minimum for the TOEFL is 105 overall, with a minimum of 24 for each individual section, or minimum band scores of 7.5 for the IELTS. If your previously-submitted test scores do not accurately reflect your current English proficiency, we strongly recommend that you retake the test and increase your scores.
Integrated MPA Admissions Statistics:
| Average GPA
| GPA Range