Jon Brumley Texas Venture Labs is dedicated to advancing entrepreneurship, innovation, and commercialization. In service of this mission we have created, in coordination with the McCombs School of Business, the TVL Scholarship. It is a unique program for entrepreneurial students interested in attending business school.
A webinar was held on January 10, 2017. The webinar included a competition overview and Q&A session. You can access the webinar below.
- $10,000 per year scholarship
- Consideration for admission of your company into the TVL Accelerator upon graduation
- Consideration for a post-graduate position as a Venture Partner worth $50,000
- Continued support from Texas Venture Labs throughout the development of your company
Semifinalists are selected to travel to Austin to compete in a pitch competition. Even if you only have an idea and no actual product you are still encouraged to participate. Read the FAQ for more information about the structure of the competition and to view the rubric used to score the semi-finalists.
Below are the application requirements. Applications for the 2018 Scholarship Competition are due no later than January 30, 2018.
- Statement of Interest (500 words or fewer)
- 60-90-second Video Pitch
- Business Executive Summary (2 pages)
Congratulations to the 2017 TVL Scholarship Winners
The 2017 Scholarship Competition was held on Friday, February 24, 2017 in the McCombs School of Business. Angelise Hadley and Tom Jackson each won $10,000-per-year scholarships. Read more. Check out the 2017 ventures which competed. Watch the 2017 finalists' presentations.
Questions? Contact us at infoTVL@mccombs.utexas.edu.