What They're Saying
“Thorough teaching methods to apply concepts to real world scenarios that helped make the learning process a little easier.”
Laura O’Connor, Staff Financial Analyst
View the Brochure
This program is designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of energy finance by addressing three areas:
- Asset valuation
- Risk management
The program will begin by placing energy markets in the context of global financial markets. You will develop an understanding of how to model and forecast energy and forward/futures prices. You will then focus on energy-related derivatives and different derivative products and learn how to apply them. You will leave with an understanding of energy markets and how to measure and manage the financial risks created by volatile energy prices. This program will be invaluable for those involved in financial and quantitative analysis, valuation and structuring and trading positions within major energy companies as well as investment banks, consulting and financial services firms.
- Understand international financial markets
- Measure the uncertainty of equity, credit and commodity markets
- Use financial models to analyze and forecast energy prices and volatility
- Understand the risk of and return from futures and options contracts on energy commodities
- Apply option and valuation techniques to the energy markets
- Understand and use derivative products to mitigate energy price risk
- Utilize real options theory to value energy assets
- Use information from futures/option prices to determine optimal production decisions and timing for extraction
- Apply Value-at-Risk to energy industry
Early registration is encouraged. Class size is limited.
||DoubleTree Hotel Houston Intercontinental Airport, 15747 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77032
||1-day program: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
||Ehud Ronn, Ph.D.
||$1,395 - Single Program
$7,350 - Energy Certificate
The program fee includes materials, lunch and breaks.
Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Early registration is encouraged. Class size is limited and may fill to capacity. We request registrations with payment at least 3 weeks in advance of the program start date.
To enroll online, please use the link provided. If you prefer, you may also enroll via email, fax or telephone.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and CPEs
Participants earn 0.7 CEUs or 7 CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.