1. In early April, UT economics majors make initial application to the program. ECON-MPA admission is for the summer semester only, and the applicant must complete at least 90 undergraduate hours before the summer of admission.
2. In mid April, the MPA committee selects a group from the initial pool. The nominations and essays, resumes, and recommendation letters of the nominees will be forwarded to the Graduate School for final selection.
3. In mid May, the Graduate School notifies those students who are accepted into the program.
4. In the second summer session, participants enroll in ACC 381 (graduate course) and attend MPA orientation .
5. In subsequent semesters, participants enroll in up to 9 hours of additional graduate accounting courses along with their undergraduate courses.
6. In the final semester of the B.A. degree, participants complete the final courses required for their undergraduate degree and apply for graduate standing. Once participants reach the 12-hour graduate coursework cap, they will not be allowed to complete additional graduate-level courses until they complete their B.A. degree and obtain graduate standing.
7. In the following semesters, if the participants are in good standing and meet the same standards of satisfactory performance that are required of all MPA degree candidates, they may continue taking graduate accounting coursework pursuant to completion of an MPA degree.