Sitecore is an amazing tool, but it can be daunting upon first glance. Once you get a little bit of training, the possibilities become clear. In order to help answer any questions you have about Sitecore and building great Web pages, the Web Team hosts the Sitecore happy hour twice a week. We have individual instructors on hand to give you personalized help at your desk in the training facility. Come join us anytime!
Every Monday and Tuesday, from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Find your way to the first floor and ask for us at the SWAT desk. They'll show you the way!
You will learn …
- How to log in to Sitecore for the first time and other setup basics
- Helpful Sitecore terms: add-ons, widgets, search engine optimization (SEO) and much more!
- How to create a page from start to finish
- What different sections mean for your content (how to use secondary content and left-hand navigation links, etc.)
- How to size your images, and where they should go
- How to use the content editor
- The proper way to use your headings (H1, H2, H3, H4)
- To make tables for certain kinds of information
- Writing style tips
- Creating links, inserting media, creating shared content
Some words from past happy hour attendees …
“I can’t think of anything more convenient than Sitecore Happy Hours (other than maybe drive thru coffee windows or that mailbox outside the PCL that I walk by in the morning on the way to the b-school). It’s a great way to get questions answered, brainstorm ideas, and learn new tricks. Jenn, Mark and team always have a smile on their faces.” – Angela Zerda, Marketing Manager
“[The] Happy Hour is a great opportunity to beef up your Sitecore skills. Jennifer, Mark and Mary are ready and willing to help in a super relaxed setting. Kudos to them for making this time available – I know it has been a great help to me.” – Mary Cone, Administrative Associate
“Being able to work one-on-one with the web team during the Sitecore Happy Hours has been very helpful, especially as someone new to the system. I appreciate not only how the team was able to quickly help me figure things out, but that they also took the time to explain why they did something a certain way. If you aren’t taking advantage of these Happy Hours you are really missing out!” – Kurt Mitschke, Marketing Specialist