Logging into VPN
If you are working on Sitecore from your home, you will need to log into the VPN (Virtual Private Network) first.
Walk Through and Jump to Points in Video
- Make sure you are the admin on the computer you are using.
- To set up your VPN, copy and paste the following URL into the address bar at the top of the web browser page. (https://vpn.utexas.edu)
- Click on the Login button and you will be redirected to enter your UT EID and password.
- A window will open with the Cisco systems security warning with the heading AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- A pop-up window will then ask you if want to run the application, click the Run button.
- The AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Downloader will then appear.
- After downloading, this dialog box will disappear and the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client will read “Connection Established.”
- You will need to allow the website to run by left clicking the pop-up alert at the top of your browser. Select Run Add-on.
- When asked if you would like to run the ActiveX control, click Run.
- Internet Explorer security will ask you if you want to open Web content using this program on your computer. Click Allow.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of your desktop, you should see a series of baby icons. One will be a globe with a lock on it.
- This shows that you are securely connected.
Do I need to log in to the VPN if I am at work?
No, you don't. The VPN is only for working securely from a computer not in the university.
How do I log out of the VPN?
To log out, simply go to the small globe icon in the pull-up list at the bottom right hand corner of your screen. Click it once to unlock and you will be disconnected.
When should I log out of the VPN?
Anytime you are doing something that is not work-related, or anytime you check your personal email, it is best to log out. VPN can track all of your web movements and any non-work-related downloads can cause serious issues.
Will I need to repeat this process every time I log in?
No, once you set up the VPN on your computer you will just need to login whenever you would like to telecommute.
Page last updated: