- 2020 Lab Roles with Dell: Marketing, Marketing and Supply Chain, Technologies Services, Product Management, and Global Business Services
- Students may apply for one or multiple roles
- All positions follow the same timeline and application process
- Interviews are directly with the sponsoring company
- Students will be notified of company decisions by 12/2/19
Dell - Program Management
Number of positions: 2
Gain first-hand experience of end to end product launch lifecycle touching cross functional teams that help bring solutions to life. Work closely with senior program managers that are helping top tier customers solve their data center needs. Provide tangible impact on the Cycle Time thereby improving time to revenue for the business.
- Value map current business processes and formulate strategy for next 2/3 years to meet business growth and evolution
- Value map business processes AS IS and formulate recommendations for TO BE business state including processes, resources, infrastructure
- Establish relationships with key leaders in all functions to help identify business process improvements that would help drive value
- Drive execution of select short term approved initiatives by leaders
Dell - Global Business Services
Number of positions: 2
Serve on the transformation team which aims to 1) Steer the organizational transformation through tracking of transformation progress, identifying overlaps and dependencies, and mitigating risk 2) Architect the transformation by managing the transformation initiative portfolio, evaluating assumption sets, and identifying key processes that need to be changed or re-designed to support the transformation and 3) Manage change by planning & governing change management process for initiatives with high impact changes.
- Develop project approach and strategy, define requirements, manage communications, report project status and achieve objectives, while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Work on significant and unique issues, with analysis of situations or data to make informed recommendation.
- Partner and effectively communicate with cross-functional business partners, set & manage expectations with stakeholders, facilitate & drive project meetings and become a trusted advisor at a team-level across projects
- Collaborate with leaders and team members who are part of the GBS Business Transformation Office and 6 core services to operationalize key initiatives
- Bring an outside in perspective to our processes and strategy and recommend innovative and creative solutions
Your content for divider
Dell - Marketing
Number of positions: 1
Serve on Dell’s Social Business team to expand the SMACU #SocialExec program, working directly with the social media lead facilitator training and engaging with Dell’s top level executives across the company. Through the internship you will gain experience driving real results for a global marketing program while gaining expertise in adult learning and social media best practices. Social media is a powerful tool for building relationships. Working with top executives to share who they are as both a professional and a leader is a rewarding way to impact the business, and learn how Dell Technologies builds real and authentic connections with our customers through social media.
- Be a part of Dell Technologies’ SMACU #SocialExec program to deliver a white glove social media training experience that supports executives and communication leads worldwide.
- Develop an innovative program that enhances the #SocialExec experience to deepen and broaden social media support for executives and communication leads worldwide.
- Execute innovative pilot initiative for the #SocialExec program.
Dell - Marketing and Supply Chain
Number of positions: 4
Play an important role, as part of a global and cross-functional team, in the development and deployment of strategic initiatives in which marketing and supply chain have decided to take a combined approach to better serve Dell customers. Work closely with team members of Dell’s Demand Planning and Marketing teams and interact frequently with sales, procurement, manufacturing and logistics teams. This project provides opportunity to have a direct impact in shaping the future of these organizations and how they will continue to add value to Dell and its customers.
- Collaborate with managers and other team members in developing innovative and replicable approaches to address the needs of the business and customers
- Participate in the creation of metrics to assess the performance of these initiatives and the improvements to customers’ experiences with Dell
- Aid in compiling and analyzing performance data and using it to provide action plans to improve these programs in the future
- Offer a fresh point of view on processes and strategy which in turn can be translated into improvements for both organizations
Dell - Technologies Services Marketing
Number of positions: 2
Serve on Dell Technologies’ Services Marketing team, working directly with multiple marketing and data-driven teams. Through the internship you will gain experience using real-world customer insights and data to develop customer profiles and personas for targeted marketing programs.
- Identifying personas and profiles for current Services customers
- Build analytical models that surface key predictive indicators in the buyer’s journey and classify customers into actionable segments
- Work with product marketing leaders to map customer journeys for key segments—identifying how customers are purchasing Dell
Technologies Services and how they are retained as customers
- Execute innovative pilot initiative for the target buyer’s journey program