About New York for MCCombs
The mission of the New York for McCombs Board is to advance the presence and reputation of the McCombs School of Business and The University of Texas at Austin in the New York metropolitan area through engagement opportunities for current students, alumni, and friends. The board was launched in 2013 in response to the need to rebuild the pipeline for McCombs talent, both current and future. Board members are accomplished leaders in their communities and industries who help shape the overall student and alumni experience in New York.
The Board strengthens the Texas McCombs and UT network through the following objectives:
- Organizes content-driven networking events to promote interaction amongst McCombs and other UT alumni. Events feature distinguished speakers, panel discussions and other educational activities. They are designed to encourage alumni and student interaction, forge beneficial relationships, make new connections, and facilitate access to board members.
- Fundraises amongst McCombs and UT alumni and friends in the NY metro area through Board membership contributions and peer-to-peer referrals, which provide support to McCombs students and programs as determined by the Board based on merit and need. The Board will interface with the Dean of the McCombs School to identify funding needs.
- Partners with Wall Street for McCombs Leadership Program and McCombs Career Services to increase internship and full-time employment opportunities for students at their respective companies in the NY metro area. Board members will host current students visiting New York for company treks as well as sponsor on-campus events, such as the McCombs Summer Valuation Boot Camp and Spring Energy Boot Camp.
Have questions or want to learn more? Contact Layla Tremalio, Associate Director of Development, at 512-475-8179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Member Benefits & Expectations
There are four levels to the board: Executive, Advisory, Associate and Junior Members. Each level has a distinctive focus and outcome that members are asked to achieve. There is a vetting process to join the board. If you are interested in joining, please contact Emily Doran
As a NYFM board member, you will benefit from:
- Invitations to strategic events with leadership from UT Austin and the McCombs School of Business every quarter
- Dedicated legacy endowment page on the university website for scholarship support
- Depending on giving level, members receive membership into the McCombs Leadership Society
NYFM Board Directory