Fall Career Fairs
MBA Career Connections - Austin
- MBA Career Connections will be held Thursday, September 25 through Friday, September 26, 2014.
- This is a great way for companies to visit with a large number of Texas MBA students regarding internship and full-time opportunities.
- This event includes a traditional career fair with booths on Friday, September 26, preceded by a networking reception Thursday evening.
Spring Career Fair
Our next annual MBA Careers Now Interview Forum will be held April 11, 2014. This event allows employers to meet and interview students for both internships and full-time career opportunities in a just-in-time environment.
The format includes:
- Meet students in the morning to discuss qualifications and interest.
- During lunch, determine which students to invite back for screening interviews.
- In the afternoon, conduct individual screening interviews in the Ford Career Center Interview Suites.
To learn more about our Career Fairs, please contact MBA Employer Relations
Each year, we take 1st year students on industry-specific recruiting trips to cities outside of Austin. Hosting a student group for an on-site visit during these treks gives organizations the opportunity to showcase their corporate environment and gain exposure to our MBA candidates. Typical treks include:
- Start-up/Technology (Austin)
- Marketing Trek (Dallas)
- Consulting Trek (Dallas)
- Corporate Finance (Dallas)
- Energy Trek (Houston)
- Alternative Energy Trek (Houston)
- Investment Bank Trek (Houston)
- Marketing Trek (New York)
- Banking Trek (New York)
- Multi-Functional Trek (San Francisco/Bay Area)
- Technology (Seattle)
If you would like to get involved in a Student Trek, please contact Michelle Hardy
MBA+ Program - Connecting MBAs and Opportunities
is an experiential leadership program that connects MBAs to companies of interest, heightens communication skills, and provides hands-on training. By sponsoring a specific event, activity or project, MBA+ offers recruiting companies a chance to gain a significant amount of goodwill and credibility with students.
Communication and Executive Coaches
MBA+ provides communication and executive coaches who work with our MBAs individually and in groups to sharpen and refine their influence, insight, and impact. Companies that recruit MBAs are able to sponsor and support elements of this highly regarded and oft-used service.
Seminars, Workshops and Special Events
To augment the MBA students’ rich classroom experience, MBA+ brings in industry experts to train students in financial modeling, valuation, and Six Sigma quality among other professional training opportunities. Companies that recruit have the opportunity to sponsor these popular seminars.
MBA+ and ENHANCE Projects
Throughout the year, teams of four to five MBA students conduct micro-consulting projects with client companies. Students select the client company, which then chooses the project. At the end of the project period, the student team travels to report its project findings and recommendations to the client, using funding provided by MBA+. Learn more about the MBA+ Program and Enhance Projects.
To connect with our stellar Texas MBA students through any of the events and activities associated with the MBA+ program, contact Deidra Stephens.