Design Thinking Essentials
Generate Innovative Solutions for CustomersThis course will teach you the essential components of a design thinking process and will let you practice with real-world business scenarios in a small group setting. You'll learn to design basic empathy research, properly frame a problem, generate a wide range of creative solution ideas and work towards an optimal solution. This is a great course for teams to experience together.
Traditional approaches to customer research, product development and problem solving are simply not effective enough in the face of disruptive market changes. Design thinking offers a proven method of consistently generating innovative solutions by focusing on the needs and experiences of the customers, partners or coworkers you're creating solutions for.
- Learn the design thinking mindset and practice the process with small group case studies
- Understand how to leverage divergent and convergent thinking
- Discover ways to elicit user stories that can lead to new insights
- Practice the art of creating and using "challenge statements"
- Learn to use design thinking tools to analyze and prioritize solution options
There are no sessions scheduled at this time. For more information about the next class date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-471-5893.
The following topics will be covered in this course:
- Introduction to Innovation & Design Thinking
- Gathering & Analyzing Insights
- Ideation & Prototyping
- Storytelling for Understanding & Impact
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for a variety of professionals across verticals. Whether you work for a global corporation or a small business, we can help.
Design thinking is just as powerful for solving internal business challenges as it is for designing products and services for customers. Participants typically are:
- Executives looking to accelerate innovation within their organization
- Directors and managers who want to help their teams be more productive
- Entrepreneurs who want to tackle complex customer problems
- Teams that need to work together more effectively to solve challenging problems
Design thinking has generated high-profile successes in technology and consumer products, but its value has also been proven across industries and functional areas. Regardless of your industry, design thinking can help your teams be more innovative and productive.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Demonstrate Your Expertise with a Certificate
Reimbursement OptionsLearn more about course credits and options for course reimbursement. Get tips on the best way to approach your manager and download a customizable template to facilitate making the ask.
Course LocationIn person courses take place at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center and adjoining Rowling Hall on the UT campus in Austin. These world-class facilities provide a comfortable and convenient learning environment, with direct access to the 40 acres of campus and within walking distance of downtown Austin. Live online and on-demand course options are available for many courses.
Other Design Thinking Courses
Gaining & Analyzing Key Insights to Drive Innovation
The capability to capture and analyze extremely large sets of quantitative data have dramatically transformed our ability to see what has happened in the past and what is happening today.
Mastering Ideation & Prototyping to Drive Innovation
We’ve all stared at a blank page hoping for inspiration to strike. Teams need much more reliable and productive idea generation methods.
Storytelling to Deepen Understanding & Create Impact
The key to great design is building empathy, including gaining an understanding the deeper motivations of your customers.