Social Media Analytics
Explore the methods available today to leverage the power of social media in order to improve marketing, strategic goals and operational performance.
The rapid proliferation of social media has created an unprecedented opportunity for enterprises to engage in real-time interactions with customers to enhance brand, customer loyalty, competitiveness, growth and profitability. This class is designed to showcase the virtually unlimited opportunities that exist today to leverage the power of social media. By focusing on a gamut of issues related to strategic and operational aspects of a firm’s social media initiatives, metrics to capture social influence and business outcomes, and predictive analysis to link social media chatter to business performance, you will learn valuable techniques for using social media in the business world.
- SAS Enterprise/Text Miner
- SAS sentiment analysis studio
- Network analysis tools
- Participants will develop expertise in the following areas:
- Strategic aspects and business value/ROI of social media analytics
- Metrics for assessing the effectiveness of social media strategies
- Collecting, analyzing, deriving insights from, and dashboarding social media chatter
- Techniques for sentiment analysis and text analytics with emphasis on predictive modeling
Anitesh Barua, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Information, Risk, and Operations Management