Increase your odds or successfully launching your next new product, product enhancement or service.
Print this Page
Determine what your market really wants—instead of just what they are telling you —and follow through with the right product launched in the right way. Only 35 percent of new products launched by established companies succeed in the market. That figure drops to 10 percent when you move to the startup world. If you look at the United States economy alone, this translates into a $260 billion dollar annual loss around new product failures. Discover the strategy and tactics of conducting market validation and leave with a completed plan to conduct this process and avoid these common pitfalls of launching a new product. Cover the strategy and tactics of market validation using a three step process.
Gain insight into marketing techniques and strategies to provide you with tactics that have company-wide impact.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Determine if more time and effort should be invested during fast triage of your idea in The Ready Stage
- Take a deep dive into the target market using primary research techniques to develop a product with unique features that are compelling to your target
- audience as you complete The Aim Stage
- Discover the art of converting market data into product features and getting a product out the door quickly as you execute The Fire Stage
- Discuss the time investment required at each stage of the process
- Leave with a road-map for bringing your next new product or service to market—successfully
- Market validation overview
- Constro systems
- Three-step market validation process
- To enhance program learning participants will receive a complimentary copy of “IF YOU BUILD IT WILL THEY COME?” by Dr. Rob Adams, Director of Texas Venture Labs and Lecturer, McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin.
CEUs: Participants earn 1.4 CEUs and/or 14 CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.
Course Credits: 1.00
Hotel Information: Texas Executive Education classes qualify for discounted hotel room rates at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center on a limited basis. Discount code will be provided via email after class registration.
Rob Adams is on the faculty of The University of Texas at Austin where he teaches innovation, commercialization and entrepreneurship in the MBA and MSTC programs. He is also the founder and Director of Texas Venture Labs at the McCombs School of Business.
"Rob is a true subject matter expert. Theory and application in real-world."
Senior Brand Manager, Hormel Foods
"Rob's real life examples make concepts easy to understand. Thank you!"
Product Manager, Friedrich
"Amazing to be able to learn from Dr. Adams. I had actually read his book and we have used it at various meetings for discussion. Excellent!! Great dialogue and conversation."
Senior Product Manager, Alcon Laboratories