Admission is only available for the summer semester. All students begin in late July, and complete the program the following May. Expected start date for the Class of 2015 is July 17, 2014. International students must be able to arrive in Austin by July 3, 2014 to be eligible for admissions.
Admission to the program is selective. Qualified applicants should meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Mathematical aptitude and demonstrated ability to handle quantitative material
- Strong communication skills and motivation
A completed application consists of the following:
- Online application, including unofficial transcripts and GRE or GMAT scores,
- Personal essays
- Three letters of recommendation
Additionally, if the admissions committee requires further information about a candidate, an interview may be required.
If you'd like to apply to the MSF Program for the 2014-2015 school year, application deadlines are:
- December 16, 2013
- February 10, 2014 (Final deadline for international applicants)
- March 31, 2014
Please note that applications will be reviewed in rounds, and these dates reflect the date on which the admissions committee will begin reviewing completed (including official test scores) applications. Applications that are incomplete on these dates will be reviewed, if complete, in the next round. Decisions will be made within six to eight weeks of each deadline.
Students whose applications are not accepted in either of the first two rounds may be placed on a waitlist, and reviewed again during a later round.
Please fill out our contact form
if you wish to receive information about our application for admission in 2014.