GMAT and GRE Scores Now Optional – Start Your Application Today | Learn More >>
Explore our admissions process to make your application as strong as possible for our 10-month MS Finance program.
Apply Yourself at McCombs
The MSF Class of 2025 application is open! Application deadlines below.
Round 1 Deadline: October 11, 2023
Round 2 Deadline: January 10, 2024*
Round 3 Deadline: March 6, 2024
Round 4 Deadline: May 1, 2024
*The final deadline to apply for international applicants has passed.
Getting StartedReview program prerequisites and suggested skillset to determine if you're on the right path for the MSF degree: - Program preparation - Program requirements
Calling all UT StudentsOur bridge program is designed to ensure a seamless transition from undergraduate studies to a variety of specialized master's graduate programs offered through the McCombs School of Business. Apply when you’re a junior and launch your career with a master’s – just one year after your senior year. Open to all UT Austin undergraduate majors and zero work experience required.
For Our International StudentsInternational students in F-1 immigration status who complete Texas McCombs MSF, a STEM-eligible degree program, may qualify for an additional 24-month extension of STEM Optional Practical Training work authorization, following the initial 12-month period of OPT.
MSF Program Readiness
Before starting your application, check out the MSF prerequisites to ensure you're prepared for the graduate program.
MSF Program Prerequisites
- While the McCombs MS Programs do not require work experience, we have found that a combination of high-quality experiential learning and work experiences has led to the best student outcomes. Each student will bring a unique collection of experiences and we will evaluate each case independently as part of our holistic review process.
- MSF applicants should be able to demonstrate analytical expertise, through academics or work experience.
- It is suggested that MSF applicants do not currently hold an undergraduate degree in finance as the MSF degree is designed to be a first-in-finance degree.
- Proficiency in Excel is desired and any additional programming experience is a bonus.
- Ability to articulate the importance of a concept and how your undergraduate education combines with finance skills.
MSF Program Requirements
Students admitted to the MSF program will be required to complete an online Excel and Accounting bootcamp prior to the start of the program. The bootcamps are self-paced and are not graded.
There are no current pre-application requirements to apply to the MSF program outside of what is listed under theApplication Process.
Want more information about degree requirements, policies, or procedures?
SIGN UP FOR MORE INFORMATION
Receive program news and event information from the Master of Science in Finance program.