Subiendo means “climbing” or “going up," and refers to the next generation of rising leaders who will address the challenges of our state and nation.
Tomorrow's Problem Solvers WantedSubiendo is a five-day summer leadership program designed to prepare young leaders in addressing the needs of the next generation by problem-solving issues in healthcare, energy/environment, and education. Current high school juniors may apply for this unique opportunity to address real world challenges with today's top business, political, and educational leaders. There is no cost to attend.
The McCombs School of Business plans to host the Subiendo Academy in person June 9-13, 2024.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Gain leadership skills through training and team building exercises
- Opportunities to network with prominent business and political figures
- Project based learning curriculum to analyze current policy issues
- Communications workshop to help with delivery of presentations at state capitol
- College life information, including on-campus living in the residence halls
- Mentoring and guidance from accomplished community and student leaders
- Access to a lifelong network of Subiendo alumni, friends and supporters
MISSION & VISION
MISSION: Subiendo seeks to empower the next generation of Texas leaders and encourage them to pursue higher education and civic engagement in critical fields.
VISION: The Academy will encourage the rising generation to believe in their potential and aspire to lead.