Subiendo: The Academy for Rising Leaders
Do you want to let people know about Subiendo?
to download items from the Subiendo Outreach Kit.
Subiendo means “climbing” or “going up.” The name refers to the next generation of rising leaders who will address the challenges of our state and nation.
Subiendo seeks to empower the next generation of Texas leaders and encourage them to pursue higher education and civic engagement in critical fields.
The Academy will encourage the rising generation to believe in their potential and aspire to lead.
A Unique Experience
- Nationally prominent speakers, simulation exercises, and classroom training
- Students analyze issues and present solutions
- Networking and team-building
- Student team leaders, faculty mentors, and Subiendo graduates form a lifelong network
Summer 2014 Dates: June 15 - 19
Subiendo: The Academy for Rising Leaders is a summer program hosted by The McCombs School of Business. Now in its fifth year, Subiendo offers Texas high school seniors a unique opportunity to work hand-in-hand with today’s business and political leaders.
The Subiendo program is free for accepted applicants and offers:
- Leadership training and community-building exercises
- Opportunities to network with prominent business and political figures
- On-campus dormitory experience at The University of Texas at Austin
- Training both in and out of the classroom
- Mentoring and guidance from accomplished community leaders
Over the past 5 years, Subiendo has welcomed almost 300 students to the University of Texas campus to undergo leadership training. Come and see what our program can do for you!