Texas MSTC Program
At the University of Texas at Austin, we are proud of saying, “What starts here changes the world." Intelligently commercialized technology is an excellent method for changing the world. The M.S. in Technology Commercialization (MSTC) Program develops the knowledge and skills needed to identify new technologies with market potential, bring them to market and create wealth in the process.
The Texas MSTC Program launched in 1996 to train commercialization professionals who could take the technologies emerging from The University to market. Since then, MSTC graduates have played a growing role in the technology commercialization process not only in Austin but also around the world.
The Texas MSTC Program combines cutting-edge technology, entrepreneurship and education. This preeminent masters program in technology commercialization bridges the gap between ideas and needs in the marketplace resulting in the creation of new, innovative ventures and products.
- One-Year Business Master’s degree
- Start classes at the end of April/early May. Graduate the following May
- Designed for working professionals with 24 alternating class weekends
- Three intensive weeks (May, August, and December)
- Take classes in Austin or LIVE Online Option
- Work on actual technologies
Who should consider the MSTC Program
- Aspiring entrepreneurs who want to launch new ventures based on emerging technologies.
- Corporate intrapreneurs who want to introduce disruptive and innovative products based on new technologies.
- Technology transfer specialists who want to become more professional in assisting universities, government agencies and other organizations in licensing technologies to business.
The admissions deadline for the Texas MSTC Class of 2015 has already passed. Please check back in early fall 2014 for the application for the Class of 2016 and updated deadlines. If you'd like to be notified when the new application is live, please join our mailing list.