Subiendo: The Academy for Rising Leaders
Subiendo means “climbing” or “going up.” The name refers to the next generation of rising leaders who will address the challenges of our state and nation.
Subiendo seeks to empower the next generation of Texas leaders and encourage them to pursue higher education and civic engagement in critical fields.
The Academy will encourage the rising generation to believe in their potential and aspire to lead.
A Unique Experience
- Nationally prominent speakers, simulation exercises, and classroom training
- Students analyze issues and present solutions
- Networking and team-building
- Student team leaders, faculty mentors, and Subiendo graduates form a lifelong network
Summer 2015 Dates
June 14-18, 2015
Subiendo: The Academy for Rising Leaders is a summer program hosted by the McCombs School of Business. Current high school juniors apply for this unique opportunity to address real world challenges with today's top business, political, and educational leaders. Subiendo aims to prepare these young leaders to address the needs of the next generation by problem solving issues in healthcare, energy/environment, and education. Roughly 80 students will be selected statewide to participate in Subiendo the summer before the senior year of high school. Subiendo will welcome the 2015 Academy, June 14-18. There is no cost for students to attend. Applications for the 2016 Academy will open November 1, 2015.
The Subiendo program offers:
- Leadership training and community-building exercises
- Opportunities to network with prominent business and political figures
- On-campus dormitory experience at The University of Texas at Austin
- Training both in and out of the classroom
- Mentoring and guidance from accomplished community leaders
Over the past five years, Subiendo has welcomed almost 400 students to the University of Texas campus to undergo leadership training. Come and see what our program can do for you!