We invite leaderships and experts from different industries to share their management experience and new trends on Supply Chain Operations. Fellows will have chances to interact with them and get exposure to these companies.
Real-world consulting projects provide hands-on experience in operational strategy, process analysis and design, supply-chain management and total quality management.
Operations Fellows are required to enroll in the Operations Practicum during the spring semester of their first year. Signed NDAs are required for this class.
The SCMC Roundtable and MBA Operations Challenge offers a supply chain experience involving real-world issues faced by industry. Teams of four students will take on a live supply chain case and present their strategies to a panel of cross-industry judges.
This event gives students the opportunity to display their creativity, teamwork, and business acumen to employers, while leaving ample time for networking and career discussions. During the roundtable, industry leaders will discuss supply chain issues and breakthroughs that impact their businesses.
The purpose of company tour is to provide students the opportunity to learn real-world business supply chain management by meeting and interacting with the companies and access internship and job opportunities.
Class of 2021 Officers
President – Jake Cartier
VP Case Challenge – Sujian Luo
VP External Affairs – Clara Tran
VP Operations – Siobhan MacDonald
VP Programming – Brenda Garcia
VP Recruiting – Susan Alvarez
The goal of the application process is to gauge individual’s interest in Operations Fellows, expected contributions, ideas to improve the program, and intent to make a lasting impact within the program.
Students are selected based on previous professional experience, academic accomplishments, leadership ability, teamwork and communication skills, and desire to professionally represent the Texas McCombs MBA program.
- Business Photo (professional headshot)
- Short answer to the following questions (max 200 words each)
- Why do you want to be part of the Operations Fellows program?
- Why do you believe you would be a good Operations Fellow?
- If selected, how would you contribute to improve the Operations Fellows program?
- Combine files into one (1) PDF document titled "Operations Fellows_YourFullName_2022.pdf"
- Submit to OperationsFellows@mccombs.utexas.edu with subject line: "Operations Fellows Application 2022: Your Full Name"
- Application deadline - coming soon
Application / Interview Timeline
- Application period start - TBD
- Application period end - TBD
- Interviewees notified - TBD
- Interview period - TBD
- Class of 2022 notified - TBD
- Class of 2022 orientation meeting - TBD