Your journey through the Texas McCombs Executive MBA Program has been carefully designed to empower you with the business knowledge and modern research you’ll need to transform from trusted professional into in-demand business executive. Courses are taught by world-class faculty, and the curriculum is designed specifically for executives, with a focus on leadership, strategy, and analytics.
In other words, you’re about to open the door to endless professional opportunities. In addition to crafting a diverse, broad, and sophisticated curriculum, we’ve created room in the Executive MBA program for you to shape your education without interrupting your career momentum.
Learn more about the curriculum throughout each semester of the program below.
Your time in the program includes seven Executive MBA Immersions that build a strong sense of community among the cohort.
- Beginning of Year 1 - 5-day Orientation Immersion on campus in Austin, Texas
- Year 1, Fall Semester - 3-day Immersion class weekend in New York City
- Year 1, Spring Semester - 3-day Immersion class weekend in Dallas, Texas
- Summer - 6-day Global Immersion
- Beginning of Year 2- 4-day Immersion on campus in Austin, Texas
- Year 2, Fall Semester - 3-day Immersion class weekend in Washington, D.C.
- Year 2, Spring Semester - 3-day Immersion class weekend/Executive Retreat in Austin, Texas
The Immersions outside of Austin will be focused on experiential learning and will align with coursework for the semester. The Immersions will include course content delivery, along with a mix of company visits, executive speakers, alumni engagement, project-based exercises, networking events, and cultural experiences depending on the location.
Year One - Fall
"Language of Business" - Your first semester in the Texas McCombs Executive MBA Program will introduce you to the first set of courses that will, semester-by-semester, transform you from savvy business professional to sought-after business executive.
- Financial Reporting for Executives
- Statistics for Executives
- Financial Management Concepts & Applications for Executives
- Organizational Behavior for Executives
- Executive Seminar
- 3-day Immersion class weekend in New York City
Year One - Spring
"Leading in a New Economy" - By now, you know the ropes. You’re comfortable with the schedule and pace. You’re managing your MBA journey perfectly. Which is why it’s the perfect time to dig into advanced management studies.
- Business Analytics & Decision Modeling for Executives
- Valuation for Executives
- Foundations of Strategy for Executives
- Supply Chain Management for Executives
- Strategic Human Capital
- 3-day Immersion class weekend in Dallas
"Global Leadership" - The summer builds on the momentum from your first year. You'll focus on global business through dedicated coursework and a Global Immersion study tour with your Executive MBA classmates led by McCombs faculty.
- Global Economics
- Executive MBA Elective #1
- Global Practicum course and 6-day Global Immersion trip
Year Two - Fall
"Leading at the Policy Level" - You’ll kick off your second year in the Executive MBA program by participating in a 4-day Immersion in Austin. Then your semester classes begin and your studies grow even more advanced as you layer more knowledge and research on your already robust business expertise.
- Marketing Management for Executives
- Financial Statement Analysis for Executives
- Strategic Marketing for Executives
- Executive MBA Elective #2
- Managing Legal & Regulatory Risk for Executives
- 3-day Immersion class weekend in Washington, DC
Year Two - Spring
"Executive Visioning" - Your final semester is one of reflection and exciting new opportunity.
- 3-day Immersion class weekend/Executive Retreat
- Corporate Strategy for Executives
- Executive MBA Elective #3
- Executive MBA Elective #4
- Leading for Impact Capstone