Full-time degree-seeking undergraduate enrollment at UT Austin, upper-division standing (60 hours) and credit or registration for the following are required at the time of application to the program:
- Business Students: FIN 357
- Non-Business Students: ACC 310F and FIN 320F (may apply to program upon credit for ACC 310F, and credit or registration for FIN 320F)
NOTE: ECO 301 or the equivalent (ECO 304K and ECO 304L) is strongly recommended for non-business students. The program’s required coursework will build upon the economic principles taught in this (these) course(s).
Six distinct courses totaling 18 semester hours. The coursework synthesizes multiple disciplines to provide a comprehensive real estate education. The requirements are divided into three categories, as outlined below.
- Only course topics SPECIFICALLY LISTED on the program website, or topics pre-approved by either the real estate program advisor or director, will be accepted for credit.
- ALL prerequisites and 18 hours of program courses MUST be taken on the LETTER-GRADE BASIS.
- Courses completed at other academic institutions or abroad CANNOT be counted toward or in lieu of the program's 18 hours of coursework.
- PREREQUISITES APPLY. Admission to the program is required as a condition of enrollment in some courses.
- Registration WAIVERS are necessary for RE 358 and LEB 363 (for non-business students).
- Some Category C courses require PERMISSION of the instructor and/or department to enroll.
- Students may begin taking courses for credit toward the real estate program PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE, contingent upon registration access.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and a response is typically sent within a few days. Once accepted to the program, students may request registration waivers for RE 358 and LEB 363. RE 376G and RE 378K have a prerequisite of RE 358; however, a waiver is not required.
Curriculum Schedule & Planning
The real estate program typically requires three long semesters to complete all 18 hours of requirements, due to availability and sequencing of courses. At this time, the program's prerequisite courses are offered every semester, during the summer and also online through University Extension. RE 358 is currently offered each fall and spring, RE 378K is offered only in spring, LEB 363 is offered only in spring, RE 376G is offered only in the fall. Category C course offering schedules are determined by the respective department. Real estate program courses are NOT typically offered in the summer.