The McCombs School of Business plans to host the Subiendo Academy in person June 12-16, 2022. Decisions will release early April 2022.
Tomorrow's Problem Solvers Wanted
Subiendo is a five day summer leadership program designed to prepare young leaders in addressing the needs of the next generation by problem solving issues in healthcare, energy/environment, and education. Current Texas high school juniors apply for this unique opportunity to address real world challenges with today's top business, political, and educational leaders. The 2022 Academy will be held in-person June 12-16, 2022, and there are no costs for students to attend. The application deadline has been extended to February 14, 2022.
The Student Experience
- Gain leadership skills through training and team building exercises
- Opportunities to network with prominent business and political figures
- Project based learning curriculum to analyze current policy issues
- Communications workshop to help with delivery of presentations at state capitol
- College life information, including on-campus living in the residence halls
- Mentoring and guidance from accomplished community and student leaders
- Access to a lifelong network of Subiendo alumni, friends and supporters
Subiendo means “climbing” or “going up," and refers to the next generation of rising leaders who will address the challenges of our state and nation.
Subiendo seeks to empower the next generation of Texas leaders and encourage them to pursue higher education and civic engagement in critical fields.
The Academy will encourage the rising generation to believe in their potential and aspire to lead.