All summer programs at the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin to be held in June have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety and health of the UT community is our highest priority. The university is following guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Austin Public Health. We are coordinating with other local public health officials to gather and share the most up-to-date information. Thank you for your understanding as we all navigate this unprecedented time in our state.
Tomorrow's Problem Solvers Wanted
Subiendo is a five day summer leadership program designed to prepare young leaders in addressing the needs of the next generation by problem solving issues in healthcare, energy/environment, and education. Current high school juniors apply for this unique opportunity to address real world challenges with today's top business, political, and educational leaders. The 2020 Academy will be held June 14-18, 2020, and there are no costs for students to attend.
The Student Experience
- Gain leadership skills through training and team building exercises
- Opportunities to network with prominent business and political figures
- Project based learning curriculum to analyze current policy issues
- Communications workshop to help with delivery of presentations at state capitol
- College life information, including on-campus living in the residence halls
- Mentoring and guidance from accomplished community and student leaders
- Access to a lifelong network of Subiendo alumni, friends and supporters
Subiendo means “climbing” or “going up," and refers to the next generation of rising leaders who will address the challenges of our state and nation.
Subiendo seeks to empower the next generation of Texas leaders and encourage them to pursue higher education and civic engagement in critical fields.
The Academy will encourage the rising generation to believe in their potential and aspire to lead.