The Youth Protection Program (YPP)
Office at the University of Texas at Austin is closely monitoring COVID-19. As part of our process during this
situation, we will continue to review information from the CDC. Currently, a
decision has not been made to continue or discontinue the summer programming.
However, this is subject to change as we acquire additional information from our
governmental agencies. We will continue to monitor the situation and will
communicate any relevant information to those impacted by the decision because
our number one priority is to protect the staff and campers.
Tomorrow's Problem Solvers Wanted
Subiendo is a five day summer leadership program designed to prepare young leaders in addressing the needs of the next generation by problem solving issues in healthcare, energy/environment, and education. Current high school juniors apply for this unique opportunity to address real world challenges with today's top business, political, and educational leaders. The 2020 Academy will be held June 14-18, 2020, and there are no costs for students to attend.
The Student Experience
- Gain leadership skills through training and team building exercises
- Opportunities to network with prominent business and political figures
- Project based learning curriculum to analyze current policy issues
- Communications workshop to help with delivery of presentations at state capitol
- College life information, including on-campus living in the residence halls
- Mentoring and guidance from accomplished community and student leaders
- Access to a lifelong network of Subiendo alumni, friends and supporters
Subiendo means “climbing” or “going up," and refers to the next generation of rising leaders who will address the challenges of our state and nation.
Subiendo seeks to empower the next generation of Texas leaders and encourage them to pursue higher education and civic engagement in critical fields.
The Academy will encourage the rising generation to believe in their potential and aspire to lead.