2018 Application Opens November 1
Subiendo is a five day summer leadership program designed to prepare young leaders in addressing the needs of the next generation by problem solving issues in healthcare, energy/environment, and education. Current high school juniors apply for this unique opportunity to address real world challenges with today's top business, political, and educational leaders. The 2018 Academy will be June 10-14, 2018, and there are no costs for students to attend. The application opens November 1, with a deadline of January 31. Announcements for the 2018 Class will be released in late March.
The Subiendo Academy offers:
- Leadership training and team building exercises
- Opportunities to network with prominent business and political figures
- Project based learning curriculum to analyze current policy issues
- Communications workshop to help with delivery of presentations at capitol
- On-campus dorm experience
- College life information
- Mentoring and guidance from accomplished community and student leaders
- Access to a lifelong network of Subiendo alumni, friends and supporters
Special thanks to our partners:
Check Your Application Status
Subiendo means “climbing” or “going up.” The name refers to the next generation of rising leaders who will address the challenges of our state and nation.
Subiendo seeks to empower the next generation of Texas leaders and encourage them to pursue higher education and civic engagement in critical fields.
The Academy will encourage the rising generation to believe in their potential and aspire to lead.