2017 Application is Closed
Subiendo is a five day summer leadership program designed to prepare young leaders in addressing the needs of the next generation by problem solving issues in healthcare, energy/environment, and education. Current high school juniors apply for this unique opportunity to address real world challenges with today's top business, political, and educational leaders. The 2017 Academy will be June 11-15, 2017, and there are no costs for students to attend. The application is now closed. Announcements for the 2017 Class will be released in late March.
The Subiendo Academy offers:
- Leadership training and community-building exercises
- Opportunities to network with prominent business and political figures
- On-campus dorm experience
- Training both in and out of the classroom
- Mentoring and guidance from accomplished community leaders
For the past seven years, Subiendo has welcomed over 500 students to the University of Texas campus to undergo leadership training. Come and see what our program can do for you!
Special thanks to our partners:
Check Your Application Status
Subiendo means “climbing” or “going up.” The name refers to the next generation of rising leaders who will address the challenges of our state and nation.
Subiendo seeks to empower the next generation of Texas leaders and encourage them to pursue higher education and civic engagement in critical fields.
The Academy will encourage the rising generation to believe in their potential and aspire to lead.
A Unique Experience
- Nationally prominent speakers, simulation exercises, and classroom training
- Students analyze issues and present solutions
- Networking and team-building
- Student team leaders, faculty mentors, and Subiendo graduates form a lifelong network