Most Frequently Asked Questions:
- Notebooks - Notebook issues are handled by the SWAT Shop.
- Lost and Found - All lost and found items are taken to the Dean's office (GSB 2.104) on the second floor weekly.
- I forgot my password or need it reset.
- For any other questions or issues, please visit the technical support website. You can also find lots of information on different McCombs technology topics using the McCombs Tech Wiki.
A new way to Print @UTLibraries
There are multiple printers located throughout the McCombs School of Business.
Visit print.lib.utexas.edu from an internet connected device to:Add funds to your Library Print Account.Upload/Manage Print Jobs.View Print History.Various mobile print options are now available
- Web Printing with MyPrintCenter
- iOS and Android App
- Printing via Email
Web Printing with MyPrintCenter
- Login to MyPrintCenter (https://print.lib.utexas.edu/) using your UTEID and password.
- Then use the Upload button to select the document you want to print. (MyPrintCenter accepts files up 50MB)
- Once uploaded, you can go to any library print release station.
- Swipe your ID or logon with your UTEID and password
- Select your job from the print queue that appears and click on the Print button.
You can change the following printing options:
- Black & White to Color or vice versa
- Single-sided to Double-sided or vice versa
- Number of pages per side (1 page or 2 pages per side)
- Number of copies
- Page range
Supported web browsers as of 9/22/16: IE 10.0 (and higher), Mozilla Firefox 27 (and higher), Google Chrome 29 (and higher) and Apple Safari 6.0 (and higher)
iOS and Android App
The Pharos Print app allows you to easily submit content from your iOS or Android device to a secure print queue.
- Download the Pharos Print app to your iOS or Android device from the App Store.
- Connect Pharos Print to the library Pharos MobilePrint server.
Server Name: print.lib.utexas.edu
Server Port: 443
- The app will display a User Authentication screen, enter your UTEID and password.
- You can now manage your submitted jobs on the app, and you may submit jobs that work with the “Open In” feature of iOS.
Supported File Formats
iOS - Print by opening files via the iOS “Open In” command.
Android - Use the Upload button to select the document you want to print. The following file formats are supported:
- Microsoft Office documents: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- PDF files
- Images (JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP)
- Text files (CSV, RTF & TXT)
- OpenOffice documents
Printing via Email
The UT Library public printers can receive print jobs via email. Each user’s default e-mail address associated with their UTEID has already been configured to use this service. If you want to use a different email address, you must register it with the Mobile Print system.
Sending a Print Job via Email
1. Open a new email and attach the file that you want to print. Both the body of the e-mail and the attachments will be available for printing. Please note that the size of each attachment is limited to 50 MB, each message is limited to 10 attachments, and users are limited to 100 emails per day or fewer.
2. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Once the job is ready to print, you will receive an email confirmation. If your e-mail address is not registered,
4. you will first need to register it before your job will be released. See the section below.
5. Go to any library print release station.
6. Swipe your UTEID through the attached card reader, or logon with your UTEID and password.
Select your job from the print queue that appears and click on the Print button.
Registering an Email Address
To release documents sent via email, your email address must first be associated with your UTEID in MyPrintCenter. You may register as many e-mail addresses as you want.
To register your email address:
1. If there is no record of your email address when you first send documents for printing to Mobile Print via email, you will receive a reply email to complete your email registration.
2. Click the Click to register your email address link. You will be redirected to MyPrintCenter.
3. Log in to MyPrintCenter with your EID and password. You will see a dialog box showing that your email address has been successfully registered to your account.
4. Click OK.
Supported File Formats
• Microsoft Office documents: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Image files (.jpg,.png,.gif,.bmp)
• Text file (.txt)
• PDF documents (pdf)
• Limited HTML: HTML is supported as part of the email body itself, but HTML links or attachments are not supported for security reasons.
Unprinted jobs are deleted after 24 hours
McCombs MSB Account
Help! I can't remember my msb account number!
You can visit the SWAT Shop located in room 1.328 Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
If you believe you may have a corrupt profile or any other profile issues, please let the SWAT Shop know or you can directly email Tech Support to assist you.
How do I configure MS Outlook to access my Mccombs email from home?
Visit the McCombs Tech Wiki article Access email off campus for information on this topic.
How do I access my Mccombs email online through a web browser?
Outlook Web Access info is available on the McCombs Tech Wiki.
How do I forward my UT email to my BUS email account?
You can forward your UT @mail.utexas.edu email to any account you'd like. Just visit the UMBS Email Forwarding page.
I am graduating. How do I set up Lifetime email Forwarding?
Visit the McCombs Tech Wiki article on Lifetime Email Forwarding.
How do I troubleshoot the size of my mailbox?
Visit the McCombs Tech Wiki article on Mailbox Size. After reading this, visit the article on Mailbox Cleanup in order to free up space.
Business school email account questions should be directed to email@example.com. Any other problems with @mail.utexas.edu email accounts should be directed to ITS.
The EDS Financial Trading and Technology Center (FTTC) Lab located in GSB 3.120 has 39 workstations and provides real-time data feeds from Bloomberg, FactSet, Reuters and StockVal. The lab is available for general use and used as a reservation facility. This facility is open to McCombs students, faculty and staff.
Business School Maps
If you still need to contact us about something, you have a few options:
- Visit us in the Swat Shop located in room 1.328 Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Send an e-mail to Tech Support. Please be very specific about any problems/issues in your email correspondence.