TEXAS McCOMBS LABS
One-year program packed with valuable knowledge and skill-building opportunities.
ABOUT TEXAS McCOMBS LABS
- Own a real industry role while earning course credit
- Obtain experiential learning in a real-life ongoing position
- Gain exposure to executive leadership
- Receive mentorship from a dedicated industry coach
Key Elements of Texas McCombs Labs
- Students are provided a company orientation and given full access to data/materials
- Success criteria includes hard business results
- Students are compensated for spring and fall semesters at rate comparable to minimum wage
- Summer internship guaranteed at sponsoring company
- Executive coaching provided to students
- Earn six credit hours
- All 1st year MBA students are eligible to apply
SAVE THE DATE: TEXAS MCCOMBS LABS FAIRNovember 1, 2023 3:00 – 5:00pm | Rowling Hall
2023 LABS ROLES
- 2023 Labs Roles with Dell, Frito-Lay and Silicon Labs
- Roles for 2024 will be posted in the fall, application opens in early November 2024
- Students may apply for one or multiple roles
- All positions follow the same timeline and application process
- Interviews are directly with the sponsoring company
- Students will be notified of company decisions in early December
Dell Supply Chain
Project: Transition Management with a Global Outlook
As an industry leader in Supply Chain, Dell is continuously working to refine its parts forecast from a demand signal. This is specially tested during times of volatility. The continual fluctuation of both demand and supply based on market and supplier commits is a constant challenge through the life of a product and becomes even more challenging as we work to transition away from a predecessor product and on to a successor. This project will take a look at our overall product transition plan to ensure we have best in class processes for US to reduce excess & obsolescence risk as much as possible as we ready our next generation of products. The project will incorporate a review of our current regional processes as well as a recommendation for possible global reconciliation that could drive a better result. The project will allow students the opportunity to learn an industry-leading demand / supply planning process and make a real impact to a global organization.
- Identify immediate areas of improvement with preliminary focus on regional transition plans
- Formulate long-term action plan with a global focus to predict opportunities and outcomes if transitions were managed differently
- Create a dashboard focusing on global risks in transition management with one overall depletion plan
- Develop a holistic understanding of the organization through meetings in different cross-functional departments
Number of positions: 2
Project: Marketing Analytics for Services Marketing Programs
Work with multiple functions across Dell Technologies Business Unit marketing, including Services Marketing and DTBU Analytics teams, to define required data sources, define target outcomes and create tools, dashboards and insights to support target marketing outcomes in support of increased offer awareness, lead generation and/or customer engagement across target routes to market (e.g. channel, partners, social media, online advertising, email and targeted field campaigns to turn data into opportunity).
- Participate in cross-functional core team with sales, marketing, analytics and operations to help define marketing strategy.
- Own and guide program development, including definition, vetting, testing, execution and evaluation of results with support from mentor and coach
- Provide periodic updates to leadership, including end of phase executive readouts on plans, progress and recommendations
Number of positions: 2
Frito-Lay, the salty snacks division of PepsiCo, is looking for a Marketing Intern to help develop a value strategy for one of its billion-dollar brands. In this role you’ll be tasked with creating a forward-thinking playbook for the brand to execute when presented with economic pressures. Reporting to the Senior Brand Director and working alongside a brand team, you will work cross-functionally across marketing, insights, design, innovation, sales, strategy, and finance. Acting as the hub of the wheel in a marketing role on a brand, you will work to understand the business, develop your recommendation, and ultimately begin implementing your strategy.
Examples of experiences and responsibilities in role will include;
- Leveraging consumer insights to keep the consumer at the heart of your strategy
- Research historical performance of Frito-Lay brands to understand performance in different economic climates
- Work with innovation, sales, and design to develop both new product development and existing product enhancements
- Create new marketing campaigns focused on creating value for consumers
No. of positions: 1 (this position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States)
Silicon Labs Supply Chain
Silicon Labs is one of the fastest growing semiconductor companies in the entire industry. To support that growth, we are rearchitecting our forecasting and operations processes to build efficiency and capability for scale, and to make better use of the data we have to drive business decisions that will fuel further growth. This role will be part of the team that will run and manage that transformation process. It will require close collaboration with the team in our Austin Headquarters, and with our teams around the globe, to build this mission critical capability. This role reports to the Director of Business Operations.
- Building extensive knowledge of our business and operations
- Automating processes in a scalable way wherever possible.
- Identify new data requirements and coordinate with Data Engineers to implement solutions
- Understanding of Data infrastructure, Data Warehousing and Data Analytics tools.
- Working with other Data Analysts and stakeholders to build new reports and dashboards in Tableau (or Excel)
- Periodically review and maintain dashboards and cleanup obsolete ones
- Excellence in different tools – eg. Alteryx, Tableau, Excel
Number of positions: 1
Silicon Labs Marketing
Silicon Labs is a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology that enables a more connected world.
We help customers build connected devices that measurably solve global development challenges, including energy efficiency, economic growth, better health, infrastructure innovation, sustainable cities, responsible production, etc. We are committed to being a good corporate citizen by focusing on operational excellence and sustainability and providing support for people and communities globally. We live by our value to "do the right thing" for our employees, customers, shareholders, communities and planet. We're proud of our people, products, patents and philanthropic efforts. Join our mission to empower developers to create wirelessly connected technology to transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
As a member of Silicon Labs Marketing team, you will help develop insights, strategy, and data models for marketing and become a bridge that connects marketing operations to sales, promoting the industry’s leading products in IoT, while working with a cross functional team of experts that are invested in your success. You will strategize and collaborate with our team across the company, from Operations, Performance, and Sales to drive analytics, business strategy, and deliver a deeper understanding of the customer’s journey. The insights you provide will have a real business impact in how customers engage with and succeed with our brand.
- Understand account-based marketing and act as liaison between marketing and sales teams to optimize new account and customer’s journey through marketing and sales funnel.
- Drive Marketing Analytics insights that will be used in the targeting of campaigns, programs, and tactics to specific applications and industries
- Drive data strategy through a deep understanding of the marketing and sales technology stack
- Build frameworks for understanding customer journey metrics across the company’s digital environments and how to improve user experience and revenue conversion through those insights
- Provide reporting coupled with suggested actions to leaders whose teams will utilize the data for business decisions
- Develop and implement a periodic review, of our digital analytics strategies and data hygiene to ensure data is current and accurate across business function
- Work with cross-functional team to clarify business process and needs to optimize the scale and access of our data intelligence and provide deep analysis as needed
This program provides:
- An insightful, immersive, and practical work experience providing valuable industry knowledge
- Summer internship guaranteed at Silicon Labs
- Opportunities to learn, network, and develop new skills through Silicon Labs social events, development lectures, and volunteer opportunities
- Present to Silicon Labs executives at end of each phase of internship
- Six credit hours earned
- Payment for spring and fall semesters
- Receive mentoring and coaching from a senior leader at Silicon Labs
Number of positions: 1