DEVELOP GLOBAL ENERGY SKILLS
Study options at McCombs prepare you for a world of opportunity across energy sectors, study disciplines, and industry career paths.
Undergraduate Curriculum & Initiatives
Energy, Finance, Law And Science Track (EFLS)
Make your study path uniquely yours, designed to match the energy career of your dreams. The Texas BBA Program gives finance majors the opportunity to specialize in Energy, Finance, Law and Science (EFLS).
This program of work is certified by the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). A total of 18 credit hours are required for the track. Students in the program would follow the base finance curriculum and add these specialized courses:
- GEO 303 or 401; Physical Geology
- GEO 316P; Sedimentary Rocks
- 377-5; Financial Risk Management
- FIN 374C; Valuation
- BGS 370 Topic 10; Nontechnical Exploration and Production
- BGS 370 Topic 14; Oil and Gas Law
Energy Management Minor (EMM)
The Energy Management Minor (EMM) will be offered through the McCombs School of Business starting in Spring 2022. Applications are now open!
A total of 18 credit hours are required for the minor. Students may choose six classes from the list below. Please note that at least nine hours of coursework must be unique to the minor.
- Valuing Natural Resources
- Energy Technology and Policy
- Real Estate and Contracts Law
- Oil, Gas and Mineral Law
- Non-Technical Exploration and Production
- Electricity Systems or Electricity Markets
- Energy Law and Policy
- Energy Strategy
- Oil & Gas Law
- Energy Finance
- Behavioral Economics, Energy, and Sustainability