MAKE IT YOUR WORLD
Operations Fellows is the premier organization for top MBA students committed to leading in operations management, supply chain, and business strategy. Make it happen together.
The Operations Fellows Experience
Gain invaluable real-world experience and access to industry leaders through exclusive Operations Fellows courses and extra-curricular events. Join a community of peers that elevates operations at Mccombs and builds a legacy for the future. Get engaged and find out what Operations Fellows has to offer.
Speakers & Visits
Leaders and experts from different industries share their management experience and thoughts on new trends in supply chain and operations. Fellows have access direct access to these industry leaders in a small group setting. You will also tour company sites to learn more about the real-world business of supply chain and operations management.
Operations Fellows are automatically enrolled in two courses that provide opportunities for hands-on, experiential learning. Curricula includes operational strategy, process analysis and design, supply chain management, total quality management, and more.
Through a live case-based course, Fellows solve complex operational problems across a variety of industries and funtions on a weekly basis. Their learnings from this experience are then applied to a capstone practicum during their final semester.
During the Operations Practicum, Fellows prepare for their post-MBA careers and gain real-world operational experience through a semester-long consulting project in collaboration with industry leaders.
Operations Challenge and Conference
Hosted by Operations Fellows, the annual Texas McCombs Operations Challenge and Conference offers first-year MBA students access to a live supply chain and operations experience.
The challenge case is based on real issues that industry leaders must address. Teams present their strategies directly to the case sponsor and a panel of cross-industry judges.
The two-day conference brings together industry, students, and faculty to discuss topics that influence the evolution of modern supply chains. The program includes multiple opportunities for participants to network.
Training & Team Building
Fellows gain practical skills through hands-on training sessions. Previous topics include Power BI and Tableau. Along with other Operations Fellows curricula and events, these sessions will enhance your MBA experience through a team-based approach.
Apply to be an Operations Fellow
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Fellow? We are looking for MBA students with a passion for operations to build a diverse incoming class of leaders.
- Info Session, 2Y Internship Panel: Tuesday, 9/6 at 6:00-7:30 PM in RRH 3.310
- Application opens: Friday, 9/9
- Office hours sign-up deadline: Sunday, 9/11 at 11:59 PM
- Office hours with 2Ys period: Monday, 9/12 through Thursday, 9/15
- Application deadline: Sunday, 9/18 at 5:00 PM
- Interview sign-up deadline: Saturday, 10/1 at 11:59 PM
- Interview period: Monday, 10/3 through Thursday, 10/6
- Class of 2024 notification: Friday, 10/14
- Class of 2024 acceptance due: Saturday, 10/15
- Class of 2024 orientation and welcome: TBD
In the application, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Contact Information
- Business photo (professional head shot)
- List of your current or planned McCombs community involvement (affinity groups, clubs, extracurriculars, etc.)
- Short Answer 1: How do you see operations (generally) influencing your career, regardless of your target profession?
- Short Answer 2: Why do you want to be an Operations Fellow?
- Short Answer 3: What qualities do you possess that would benefit the Operations Fellows program?
Short answers should be 200 words max and double-spaced.
Access the application through the APPLY NOW button above.
You will be asked to enter your contact information and community involvement. The remaining information will be collected via file upload.
You will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Resume and Business Photo: Combine your resume and photo into one PDF titled "LastName_FirstName_Resume"
- Short Answer Reponse: Assemble your answers using the template below. Save your response as a PDF titled "LastName_FirstName_ShortAnswer"
DOWNLOAD THE SHORT ANSWER TEMPLATE
During the initial application review, your resume and photo will be withheld from the review panel.
It is strongly recommended that you prepare your upload documents prior to opening the application form. Once submitted, your application cannot be changed.
Application deadline: Sunday, 9/18 at 5:00 PM
Are you a current or prospective McCombs MBA student interested in learning more about the Operations Fellows program? Drop us a line with any qustions you have or to connect with a current fellow. We appreciate your intereste and look forward to getting to know you.