A WEALTH OF OPPORTUNITIES
The Wealth Management profession is diverse, rewarding, and wide open for new talent. Your educational experience can be equally inviting, with many people and programs ready to help.
Wealth Management Student OrgThe Wealth Management Student Organization (WMSO) is a McCombs Business Organization focused on eliminating entry barriers into the field of Wealth Management and Financial Planning.
FINANCIAL WELLNESS RESOURCES FOR UT STUDENTS
Texas Financial Wellness is here to help you improve your financial health and security. One-on-one counseling and workshops will equip you to make healthy financial decisions during your academic career and beyond.
Courses taken in the Wealth Management Program prepare students for professional practice and industry certifications.
Certified Financial Planner
The Certified Financial Planner™ certification is the standard of excellence in financial planning. CFP® professionals meet rigorous education, training, and ethical standards and are committed to serving their clients' best interests today to prepare them for a more secure tomorrow.
College for Financial Planning
The College for Financial Planning®>—a Kaplan Company – empowers advisors for their current career stages while earning credit toward their next credential.
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist
- Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor
- Accredited Wealth Management Advisor
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist
- Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor
- Accredited SRI Advisor
American College for Financial Services
The American College of Financial Services> is a nonprofit educational institution dedicated to creating leaders within the financial services profession.
- Wealth Management Certified Professional
- Retirement Income Certified Professional
- Chartered Financial Consultant
- Chartered Life Underwriter
- Financial Services Certified Professional
- Chartered Special Needs Consultant
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy
- Chartered Leadership Fellow
- Accredited Estate Planner
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Credentials from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants require a CPA.
- Personal Financial Specialist
- Personal Financial Planning designations in individual areas
The mission of the CFA Institute is to lead the investment profession globally by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.