AIM Investment Center
The AIM Investment Center is the nexus for integrating financial research, investment education and practice at the University of Texas at Austin, unifying financial support, information resources, and intellectual capital in support of those who teach and learn, those who further knowledge in the field through research and those who enhance the practice of investment management.
The AIM Investment Center was created through a generous endowment given by two founders of the AIM Management Group: Gary Crum and Bob Graham. In addition, these two individuals and 63 employees of the AIM Management Group have donated an endowment to support the Financial Education and Research Center's Trading Room in which the MBA Investment Fund’s student managers trade.
- Supporting the development of research issues related to investment management, capital markets, corporate finance, financial services and real estate
- Grants to faculty and students engaging in research, as well as coordinating a working research paper series
- Acquisition and support of financial databases
- Hosting conferences where research findings and policy discussions are shared
- Conducting surveys of investment professionals to better understand practice
- Supporting student education through support for the MBA Investment Fund, LLC and the Financial Analyst Program
- Financially supporting curriculum development of investment management courses that integrate theory and practice
- Hosting investment professionals to interact with students and faculty
- Scholarships for students interested in investments and related financial fields