GMAT and GRE Scores Now Optional – Start Your Application Today | Learn More >>
Apply While You're An Undergrad at UT
Current UT Austin undergraduate students can apply using the MS Bridge Program admissions option for all four full-time Master of Science programs.
Start Your Application Today!
The MSBA Bridge application is open! Best time to apply is during the Spring semester of your junior year but you're welcome to apply for any of the rounds listed below.
Round 1 Deadline: October 11, 2023
Round 2 Deadline: January 10, 2024*
Round 3 Deadline: March 6, 2024
Round 4 Deadline: May 1, 2024
*Final deadline for international applicants
Learn About the MS Bridge Program
The MS Bridge Program offers students the opportunity to start graduate courses during their undergraduate program.
MS Bridge Student Benefits
Admission as a Bridge Student is highly competitive but includes a number of benefits, including:
- Admission after junior year of undergraduate degree
- MS degree coursework during the summer after junior year
- Time for internship upon completing bachelor's degree
- Access to McCombs' Career Services after successful completion of summer coursework
- GRE/GMAT scores are optional and not required
- MS Bridge courses taken while an undergraduate student are offered through University Extension and are not financial aid-eligible
- Students enrolled through University Extension do not have access to some University services, including but not limited to UHS, CMHC, and RecSports. Students can arrange for services at an additional cost by contacting each respective office
The MSBA applicant pool is highly competitive each year. Students may be required to submit test scores at the request of the admissions committee depending on GPA and strength of additional application materials. We will not review incomplete or late applications.
Qualified applicants should meet the following:
- University of Texas at Austin Junior-level standing
- Computer programming experience is required; experience in any programming language is sufficient but Python is preferred (those admitted to the program are strongly encouraged to learn Python prior to beginning the program)
- Demonstrated ability to handle quantitative material
- Advanced communication skills and motivation
The Texas McCombs MSBA welcomes applicants with work experience; however, no work experience is required to be accepted.
What to Expect if You're Accepted into the MS Bridge Program
If accepted into the program, here are a few details about what the summer between your junior and senior year would look like:
- July: Intensive Week - dates will be provided to admitted applicants
- 2-3 summer classes running Monday-Thursday
- Career Development events on Fridays
Cohort Access and Networking
As a Bridge Student, you have the opportunity to network with two different groups of MS Program students. You'll learn with some of the best and brightest in the field and make connections that will last into your professional career.
You will have access to our MS Programs-specific career coaches and can set up meetings to discuss your future career path. Career coaches can help with resume review, goal setting, and career strategies to secure an internship following your senior year.
Interested in learning more?
Join a virtual info session or workshop.