How to Apply
- All applicants must submit official GRE or GMAT scores that are less than five years old. We do not waive this requirement for applicants with work experience.
- International students must also submit an official report of the TOEFL or IELTS with scores no older than two years. If you obtained your bachelor's degree in the U.S. or other English-speaking country, we may request expired TOEFL or IELTS score for review.
Qualified applicants may be contacted to schedule an interview as part of the review process. Interviews may be conducted on the phone, through Skype, or in person, depending on the applicant's availability.
The Texas MSBA program enrolls one class per year, in the Summer Semester. The application is currently closed. The application for the Class of 2018 (July 2017-May 2018) will open in September.
Round 1: Oct. 24, 2016 First deadline for all applicants
Decision notification: Dec. 5, 2016
Response deadline: Jan. 9, 2017
Round 2: Jan. 10, 2017 Final deadline for international applicants
Decision notification: Feb. 15, 2017
Response deadline: Mar. 15, 2017
Round 3: Mar. 20, 2017 Final deadline for domestic applicants
Decision notification: Apr. 25, 2017
Response deadline: May 8, 2017
For more information or application questions, contact Hillary Patterson.
Check Application Status
International students who complete a STEM Certified degree program like the MSBA qualify for an additional 17 months of OPT.
Admission to the full-time program is selective. We will not review incomplete applications. Qualified applicants should meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Mathematical aptitude and quantitative and/or technical training in coursework
- Strong communication skills and motivation
- Upper-division GPA of 3.0 or higher
- No work experience required, though students with work, leadership, and/or professional development experience are encouraged to apply
Watch New MSBA Advice Video
Attend an Info Session
The best way to find out what the Texas MSBA can offer you is to attend an info session. There's no need to register or RSVP; the next MSBA info session will be held:
Info Sessions will resume Fall 2016.
Watch an Archived Info Session